GlasgowNauts & Central 'Belters' Electro Open Mic Night

There’s a an electro open mic night at Stereo in Glasgow scheduled for the end of the month. There seems to be a real lack of this type of thing and I’m excited about going along. I heard through word of mouth and have nothing to do with organising this event. Gonna head along and show support…might even knock out a tune! If you don’t use Facebook it’s on Thursday 27th Feb and doors open at 7pm.
Organiser says any electro goes and not strictly for DIY’ers

5 Likes

Sick I’m across the water in NI. Sorely needed!

1 Like

Seems like a niche market but you just need a good core to have regular thing. I wouldn’t fancy organising something though!!! I spent ages looking for potential gigs a few months back and came to the conclusion that you really need to put your own nights on.

1 Like

I use to organise gigs around IRE and did once around the UK for a tour , its hard work and risky. I think to keep the longevity for the event really it should have one national artist who is moderately big , then some smaller acts. I wonder if it could be like part gig and part jam. It would be a great way to interact with artists :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aye that sounds great, sounds like a lot of organising too hah! It would be cool to have a platform for local artists. Electro open mic I have not seen before. Sounds fun. I’d be up for a monthly bi-monthly thing, so hopefully there’s a few like minded people.

1 Like

Sounds great but can’t compete with student nurses night at clatty patts last Thursday of the month. Back in the day as the saying goes.

2 Likes

:joy:Jeesus that’s a blast fae the past. Haha sounds like a messy affair. Never frequented clatty patts myself! Was always Optimo, Yang an the arches way back when.

2 Likes

Clattys was usually a mid week error of judgement after a night on the pop. Arches and sub club at the weekend.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that was advertised and I was going to make an effort to come along. I’ve been working on an album that is just Digitone and MinilogueXD so was thinking I could just bring the DN with a drum machine and jam out some of those patterns with some beats. I should probably message the organiser through the page to find out what the deal is…

Hopefully it’ll be well supported. I want to think that there is more an appretite for hardware in Glasgow these days what with there being Rubadub, Signal Sounds and even Guitar Guitar carrying a decent(ish) selection of gear. Compared to back in the day when you’re best hope was for something decent to show up in Victor Morris that you could get when you were in buying a crossbow…

2 Likes

Cool, that sounds good - I’ve been lusting after a digitone for a while but haven’t had the funds - they sound lovely! I am undecided if I will try and play, usually part of a duo but we are between sets just now and don’t really have anything ready to go. I may try and expand some of my own patterns or might just spectate.

Haha victor morris, god I hated that place…bought a mixer from there once and don’t think I ever went back. Aye hopefully, seems like there is a few people interested on facebook anyways. I saw there is a moog one in guitar guitar - the thing is so massive, tempted to go and give it a try!

1 Like