Getting on the bandwagon - some questions?

Okay so next week I’ll have both models and I want to hit the ground running with the m:s so just a few questions if I may?

1. How many semitones up & down can I pitch a sample? I’m thinking of sampling my Korg M1 PCMs but need to settle on an octave to use for the samples…

2. How tedious is it to set up the sample lock pool? I would like to use pseudo round-robin techniques for certain sounds and using those would necessitate alternating between 2-4 samples

3. Can the sample lock pool be shared across several pattns?

4. You can do granular style glitching to the samples nondestructively by plocking sample start/end, right?

5. How would you approach playing “chops” with a m:s voice?

6. I forgot, is there internal resampling onboard?

Thanks

:rofl: @tsutek you naughty boy!

It was clear from the start :alien:

No-one?

fine, I’ll RTFM then, sheesh

EDIT: ok so 4 octaves of sample range and up to 20 samples in the slock pool per project… Guessing adding new slocks always adds the new sample to the lock pool?

btw @eangman , what a cruel thing to leave in the m:s manual:

yall know the models dont have tempo nudge… (yet?) Wish they did though!

1 Like

Regarding granular - I find I am able to get quite nice results but with p-locks and with the LFO. Not sure what else to say. I wish I had a second LFO :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know. Im a very very cruel tech writer :grin: It was deleted quite recently so if you download a fresh manual from our site, this cruelness will be gone in that one.

3 Likes