Getting more tracks out of the A4

My next A4 conquest is going to be midi mapping to play a drum kit on the keys(buttons)

I tried with Multi Map and Octatrack. It is crazy. You can still twist everything with macros, change patterns and kits with midi notes (with Direct Jump or Direct Start), randomize Sounds with Ot’s arp…
You can use A4 as a one note keyboard arranger if you have a pattern per key…

2 Likes

Whoa! So you’re sending the midi to the A4 from the OT and fluxuating the sound that way?! Can you do this on a per voice basis? Or is this all or nothing on the a4?

On the Multi Map you can choose tracks 1-4 or active track. This setting is done for note range. So it can be per track.
You can still add conditional trigs on A4 and play over it.
(Not totally off topic because it kind of virtually increase the number of voices feeling)

1 Like

In Multi Map Edit you can play Multi Map with the A4 keyboard.
You can change octave range with [TRANSPOSE] + up/down arrows. I found it by trying and didn’t find it in the manual, so if you want to try it you’ll need to change octave range. You can also record Sound Pool sounds in that mode.

1 Like

Thanks for the ideas!

Just some possibilities, ideas can be crazy.
Somedy knows where to find that in the manual ?

[quote=“sezare56, post:25, topic:36405”] play Multi Map with the A4 keyboard. You can change octave range with [TRANSPOSE] + up/down arrows.
[/quote]

Kenton is about to release a CV to MiDi box.

1 Like

Seriously… You can drive out 2xgate 2xtune with two cv gate cables to have more tracks. and send 8 track in total.
Lfo 2K for example on some param and a basic synthesis
And you can via usb receive some track as dry for even more ;’)

I don’t know much cv stuff, but can you trigger four different notes with CV ABCD ?
What you be the closest to A4, with 4 CV voices and cheaper ?
A real cool thing would be a Elektron module with 4 voices, and same analog components, CV and midi control to extend A4/Ak to 8 voices…
Midi control with Octatrack, or Digitakt…or Atari.