Get ready…

One of them was me :stuck_out_tongue: as someone who’s had to sign an NDA in the past they do appear to be pretty strict, so I’m guessing the Elektron ones are also pretty serious…

1 Like

The new nanoloop device is pretty much that.

edit: oops sorry about posting 3 times in a row, should have multi-quoted instead of replying individually.

3 Likes

Did you create this or something?

RMR on reddit under the alias of pwmpwmwpwmpwmpwm wrote that it isn’t an update to any line but takes dna from past ones. My guess is a hybrid monomachine/machinedrum

3 Likes

A box based on the digitone where the 8 voices are incorporated into specific machines focused on drums i.e. an 8 track digital drum machine in the digi box format.

2 Likes

May be a flagship product for sure (Price of MK2’s) Monomachine 2 and Machinedrum 2.!!!
Elektron need to up their game and they know it , they also know their most loved products were the two silver box’s.
They were nailing it fours years ago arguably the best musical instrument maker on the planet at the time.
If they bring out another product in cheap modal range id say its pretty much all over for the brand. I cant see their customer base wanting toys.

1 Like

That’s a pretty ridiculous thing to say imo.

There’s definitely more of a market for lower cost, quick, fun devices, rather than deep sound design machines. I’ve certainly got a lot of mileage out of the M:S, despite also owning and loving the OT, MM and DN.

Looking forward to the announcement :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I bet its a Model:Coffee!

I recommend checking out Karenn’s set at Resident Advisor if you think Elektron’s production of smaller boxes is a death knell for the company:

They made arguably the best techno album of the year in 2019, and if this video is any indication the Model:Samples played a big role (not to mention the Digitone!)
The best in the business are using the M:S because it is a great piece of gear.

Get off your high horse. Elektron know what they’re doing

11 Likes

pwmpwmpwm…
So it was Nick Batt?

2 Likes

Lol reading the text again it seems they messed that up as well. Roughly translated “we have 30 products from Elektron, 28 are in stock and 3 is on special order” 28+3=31…

I must say that I really like that Elektron are not bounding their releases to fairs. I think they have a big enough following to release stuff when they feel like it. It’s a much better practice imo since it most probably will end up in products being more stable upon release

There is a Monomachine as well.

3 Likes

Omgomfgomg

Ahahah are they just messing with our minds this time? Not likely, but it would be funny.

They’ve finally integrated the machine with the carrybag! Total game changer.

6 Likes

Looking at the Thomann page source (yeah I’m a bit obsessed :wink: ), it looks like the MD and MnM links only link to the related search results for those terms, which understandably return the carry bags, rack ears and protective covers. Looking at the internet archive, the same MD and MnM links have been there for a long time. Presumably the page was only updated before the Machines were discontinued.

3 Likes

I think that’s a very good point.
I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s over for the brand, but their strategists must be aware you need to have both your boutiques and Volca as well as your flagships to maintain brand.

You can’t afford to get a flagship wrong either but I’m not convinced that a string of Model: is going to be good for elektron.
Another tone/takt sized box makes sense.
A mid-range flagship.

Im hoping for a comeback and for the company to reach their glory days again . IMO the Model series is a mistake --the DT Keys and OT MK2, AH MK1 and MK2 are the best things they have made in past four years. Id love for them to expand their DT keys range , maybe a MM keys , DK keys

1 Like

Aah ok… good find. I’ll redact mine. But still it’s 31 products in the search bar while only having 30 products… so they have something there atleast