Synth identification

There have been a few topics asking for help from Elektronauts in identifying a specific device before (Help me identify synth please, Help me to identify this Synth Drum Machine [resolved]), but here’s a generic thread to bring such requests together in one place to aid easy searching.

Here’s my first request, as seen some time before 1999 (it’s sat on a Yamaha QX21 and next to a Roland SH-1) - thanks in advance for the help! :

2 Likes

3 Likes

Simple! I thought it was a Roland of some sort. Ta muchly.

1 Like

Can anyone recognize the model of this piano? The ones I found all look different.

1 Like

Doing a bit of googling threw up the following info.

It would appear that the early models were made in Japan, were similar to a Wurlitzer and used Wurlitzer tines however the later models were electronic, presumably some sort of divide down tone generation. It seems there were a few different models and that Gibson imported some models and re badged them as Maestro. You could look for a model number bu if you opened it up you’d have a better idea.

2 Likes

Yeah it got me curious because I’m not sure whether it’s one of their early electromechanic models (that are said to combine Rhodes and Wurli approaches) or a later electric piano. Looks too tiny for the former and too big for the latter. And the seller is too far from me.
If it’s electromechanical, $65 ain’t much for the experience of tinkering with it.

2 Likes

If it’s an electro that’s very cheap! You’d have to ask the seller for an idea of weight as the electro models are said to be roughly the same weight as an EP200. The electronic ones will be considerably less.

2 Likes

Asked the seller about its model, all I got in reply was a thumbs up emoji. Some Facebook Marketplace sellers have peculiar communication patterns.