GAS: Talk me out of feeling like I NEED a Sub37

thanks y’all! this has been fun, interesting and valuable info. i think it will happen eventually… just not ASAP. maybe i’ll gift myself the thing after i put out the third album next year. sounds appropriate :slight_smile: #selflove and all that :rofl:

2 Likes

Why would you give so much money for a synth that can play only two notes at the same time?! Don’t do it!

that (close to) knob per function BS will make you tweak your patches endlessly, and the way too easy to assign LFOs make everything just go wubwubwub. Its looks make the gear right next to it look cheap and tasteless. don’t do it

edit: loopable envelopes (with delay) are just too fun and all of a sudden you’d want every synth to have it

1 Like

Don’t be silly , buy a Moog One instead!

2 Likes

Go get it, there is no way out, surrender to your GAS :wink:

1 Like

Because of it’s sound, I would say … :slight_smile:

I own even some “mechanical” instruments, which are more expensive and can generate only one tone at a time :wink:

heh i know! :wink: but i was only half-joking… if he has sirin, rev2 and monologue it’d be better to buy something like digitone keys imo

1 Like

get the model d and save a lot of money :wink:

1 Like

… that was clear … somehow :+1: … but I couldn’t resist … :wink:

1 Like

What you wanna do with the sub37? May just get a dfam. Its allready a great synth on its own and you can pimp it with some extra modules in a bigger case.

Or get a prophet 6 / ob6 desktop for a 1/3 more and you can do ace chords and pads :slight_smile: you could play it with the keys of your rev2 and those 2 will sound different due its filters. Fx are also sounding great for sure!

1 Like

i thought about mother32 actually. i haven’t really got into anything i’ve heard from the dfam, tbh. just subjective/preference i guess. i tried to love the Grandmother too, but just didn’t. i like what it can do, but the sound just wasn’t my bag. but yeah… mother32 could be interesting, no doubt. HMMMMM

http://www.makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/black-and-gold-shared-system-plus
Ill just leave this here…

haha naaa that’s not a world i wanna dive into. would be fun to hit record and play on someone else’s for a day, though :smiley:

1 Like

No, no… that’s not for play, it’s for showoff! :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Well, at least this world would be unlimited GAS, never satisfied … :wink:

1 Like