FX on live input

Hi, this is my first post here (so bare with me). Looking for some guidance whether or not it is possible to use the Analog Rytm MK2 as a live FX machine? I know I can record samples and add all the love to a sample, but would it be possible to do the same without recording and just running it through the FX? I often play hybrid sets with keys and/or guitar where I usually like to add delay for example. Would be great to avoid having a separate pedal just for that and do it through the Analog Rytm instead. Thanks a bunch!

I’m not sure about the analog Audio In.

Looking at the manual section 14.6 Audio Routing, on p64, it says you can configure the Class Compliant USB interface to feed audio in pre- or post-fx. I infer this means you can send audio in over the USB interface and have it effected… however, as the reverb and delay are sends from the voice tracks, it’s not clear to me whether the USB audio gets sent down a voice track (and can be effected, but there’s no way to choose a track), whether it’s got its own sends (with no controls), or whether the “pre-fx” just means “before the distortion and compressor”.

1 Like

This can be achieved with overbridge, I haven’t tried via class compliant audio though

1 Like

Is this the answer to the overall question, then? “Yes, you can use the AR as an FX processor, if you use OB?”

1 Like

Yeah technically with OB routing, Rytm can be a 8x mono or 4x stereo fx mixer

No option with the analog inputs yet though unfortunately

Edit: see Overbridge manual chapter 6.9 input routing, I don’t think it’s mentioned in the Rytm manual

2 Likes

Thank you so much all, what a wonder- and helpful bunch you are.

At least, I had not overseen the obvious.

1 Like