Fx for Digitone

i wish i could do the overbridge thing, but i like to run everything through the Octatrack, which goes to my interface and then record the stereo mix in Ableton. So i do use decapitator and other things for mastering, like saturation and compression.

I do record one track at a time into the octatrack a lot, but that’s usually only necessary for my other synths. the digitone solves the problem of multi tracking by having the simultaneous engines, but i do see the advantage

but yes, ideally i would like ot be able to run each of my octatrack tracks into ableton individually via overbridge and have them all recording live separately with their own plugin effects. i do think that analog does make a difference when it comes to saturation and compression though. it would be a pain in the ass to have separate pedals for each of the digi outs, but alternately, you could have a sub-mixer like i do, with an fx send so you can have one signal chain with all of your pedals and all 4 digi tracks going to separate inputs, so you can dial in the send amount individually for each track. kind of like how the internal digi fx work. 4 sends going to 3 master effects

Klark Technik looks killer! I’ve seen a nice demo of DN and Walrus Polychrome flanger, it was a kind of “vaporsynthwave” music so flanger worked and sounded very spot on, but I also noticed how nice the pedal widen up the whole sound and take DT into new level.

1 Like

What one device would you put on the main outs from Digitone? (Not individual processing)

Apart from Analog Heat/Drive :smiley:

IMHO the Digitone sounds way better in 2 voice+ mode. Much richer with a lot more body.

3 Likes

Run the Digitone thru a moogerfooger+low+pass+filter and it will never be the same. I once ran a arp’ed Korg Poly 61 through one and the effect was huge. Transformed from a light wimpy sound synth a full on huge Moog sound that still retained the Poly 61 articulation.

2 Likes

The bastl thyme was really fun. Cooper fx outward or another one like tensor or blooper would probably be the most interesting choice. I think the dd7 is cool for rival consoles style short glitchy loops and ive just recently found out that the digidelay is similar to that one but even cooler sounding apparently.

I’ve also considered the Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water, midiverb/quadraverb/maybe a lexicon multifx rack unit/The midi murf

Everyone says the strymon deco sounds great on synths

Number one choice would be the Cocoquantus

1 Like

Im torn between a few different standalone at the mo. The Fusion Box, Acid Box III or some multi effects stomp pedal for everything in a box.
Any reason you went for the Acid Box over the Fusion?

1 Like

I don’t think the fusion box existed at the time. Looks good though, maybe better for drive and saturation.

I run my Digitone through a Microcosm and it’s a ton of fun! The pedal offers very different modulation and delay modes which work very well with the Digitone’s melodic and percussive sounds.

4 Likes

I agree, especially at low BPM.

1 Like

I tried running DN thru a lot of euro filters etc… and it doesn’t do much really. Anyone had better luck with pedals and euro fx and the DN?

BIM, BAM, Heat.

Heat REALLY helps the DN sound (maybe BOUM would be as good?)
BIM and BAM both really warm/grit up the sound, as well as being literally the greatest ever delay/verb combo ever ever.

1 Like

Yes, I know I’m many months replying. However, it should be noted that the ES Fusion desktop unit is mono in. Acidbox3 is stereo (or mono) in.

My hardware FX chain is small but mighty. I usually use software: Lehele Parallel SW II (Meris Ottobit Jr at either 25% or 75% mix level depending on how nasty I want to get) -> Acidbox 3 -> Meris Polymoon -> Meris Mercury 7.

Im using DN as a standalone groovebox and run it through a tape recorder with high quality cassette. I love how it glues sound together and tames crystal clear top end. :vhs: :heart: