Future (actual) OT2 owner questions

looked em but no saw any automations tutorial :sad:

ithink i found : SLIDE TRIGS :slight_smile: right ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQ-xB9aT7c

i found SILENT TRACK, how SLICE TRIGS works, i almost know i think 51% maybe more of the OT :slight_smile:

Seems pretentious. Did you drink pastis 51? :pl:
Knowing 50% of OT possibilities in 2 days doesn’t seem possible. I’m still discovering things after 7 years!

And it’s a bit like human brain, we can use 10% max. In general much less that 1%.

3 Likes

i learned LFO designer atm,

i need to learn :

-sampling
-slices, slice plays
-arpegiator
-MIDI sequencing

i have habitude, i had a MC-303, Electribe 2, & most know DAW… so it’s more easy than total newbieing… but for the slice & p-lock it tooks me time to understand,… & the manual is in english…

If you enjoy and feel confortable with OT in 2 days, it seems a good start anyway! :content:

It was my first groove box, bought when released! Also had Electribe ES1X.

OT is very particular concerning sampling abilities, especially rec trigs.
Plocks, trig conditions, and especially scenes A/B make it unique, lots of possibilities you can’t fully master in 1 year imho.

2 Likes

me too MC-303 first groovebox :slight_smile:,

for OT maybe i will not use all functions… i will see in time.

@sezare56 is there some tricks to replace MIDI cc slice? i think using lfo / design maybe not enough…

any chance for an OS update u think ? i will need it…

dont want to wait OT3 for that, i think it’s do-able with OS software-side update… + why not add 1 or 2 other FX…

Already answered by @Blasted_pingin and @Tchu !

Simplest is FOLLOW TM, set SLICES trig mode with Function+Dow arrows

You can trigger 64 slices with midi notes using audio track midi channel, from note 12 (C0 on OT)

1 Like

Gosh, what are we doing here? :sweat_smile:

To the OP, i think you should hold your questions for like a week or two and spend more time on the machine trying to understand its logic. You just need to accept that despite your immense commitment you won’t tame the dragon within a range of 3 days (even including the nights).

@sezare56 could you sleep?

1 Like

There’s a french version somewhere… but believe me it’s way easier to learn english :wink: (les traductions des termes techniques sont foireuses).

2 Likes

Much older OS. MKI.
English manuals are up to date.

I do. What do you mean?
I should shut my mouth? :content:

I was speaking about your Scene B broken button :wink:

The older versions of manuals still cover most of the features but the brave attempt to translate ALL in french was a bit dodgy.
When your read a sentence where they translated Threshold as
« seuil », Slices as « tranches » or Delay as « retard » it gives some spin to the head to understand the meaning.

1 Like

Aha.

1 Like

i sometimes use OT1 Fr manual.

Yes now I choose English manual versions, even if there is a French one!

Ah OK repaired! And I could sleep, was confident, at worse I would have soldered a permanent switch, which can be usefull!

1 Like

Only OT2 do sampler ? i have also an Emu, but i won’t refuse 8 extra audio tracks.

?
The are OT MKI and MKII models. (No OT 1 or 2)
Both share the same OS, exactly the same functionalities…

1 Like

faster to type & u know it :slight_smile:

Pb with DT is samples r mono :sad: