Funny / Interesting things your kids say

“Daddy likes BANG BANG BANG music but I like normal music.”
:angry:

3 Likes

My kids are in puberty and keep telling me “dad, why do you keep buying new gear when you end up selling it again after a while? Don’t you have enough by now?”.

When I watch gear reviews on youtube the kids say things like “oh no, dad is gonna buy that synthesizer, aren’t you?”

And the worst is my wife she recently said “(Me looking at sonicstate’s Nick Batt and some pioneering techno artists now in their late 40’s…) her, I see a pattern here, this whole synthesizer thing is for middle aged men!” Auch… It’s been my passion since the early 90s, cannot deny we are getting older :joy:

1 Like

Didn’t you know, middle aged men aren’t allowed to do anything.

1 Like

Not true if you own a house and especially if that house has a lawn.

1 Like

My 5 year old just got out of bed. We’re watching Nick Cave on the Glastonbury Highlights. He pulled the most disgusted face and said “no one’s going to marry him with such a terrible voice. I would teleport there right now and shut this whole thing down. Did you know, I would have Def Leppard, Billy Idol and Nyan Cat play at my festival”

A thumbs up from me on all points.

I suspect if I ask my 5 year old for her festival line-up she’d choose Girl Who Sings Disney Princess Songs on YouTube, plus Other Girl Who Sings Disney Princess Songs on YouTube. Although she did go through a brief Ethio-Jazz phase.

1 Like

Lets add them to the line up.

1 Like

Done. Though your son might have something to say about it. She’s also into Baby Shark, and The Chordettes circa mid-1950s.

Considering the principal that kids inevitably rebel against their parents, I think I’ll listen exclusively to mindless pop music for the next decade until she comes home one day and says “Dad this is shit, I’m going to my room to listen to Fela Kuti”

2 Likes

I’ll run it by him in the morning.

1 Like

Hahahaha, amazing.

And just like that ‘Water no get enemy” is playing in my head… :wink:

1 Like