Function + and programm change questions

hello guys,

I’m asking myself some questions about the function + extended shortcut on the MD.

I understand that this combo reload the woal kit. (machine setting wich are saved in the kit)

is there a way to make it work like a programm change message in order to change a midi controlled synth, (or vst) patch?

is there a way to stock programm change message in a kit? (for example assigning my first track in the first kit to send a certain programm change and assigning the same track on another kit to another programm change message?

so when I swith from my first pattern, with kit n1 to pattern 2 with kit n2 it will change my synth programm too?

or is the programm change capabilities only linked to a pattern step?

I don’t know if what I say is understandable.

No, but …

You can either make the MD send fixed Program Change messages whenever it changes pattern, or you can use a MIDI machine on a particular track (1-16) to send a user-specified Program Change message.

The Program Change messages are linked to a Pattern (which links to a Kit), rather than being directly linked to a Kit.

ok, when you say that they are linked to a pattern, its a step parameter lock?

the programm change is send when the sequencer play the step wich lock the programm change message is that right?

You can either:

• have a fixed Program Change sent when the MD changes pattern (see pages 60-61 of the manual),

or

• have the Program Change specified and sent from a step with a Program Change p-locked (see page A-12 of the manual).

yes I know what you’re talking about.

but ‘‘this’’ type of programm change are the same than on the octatrack I’ve.

they’re pre determined, so first pattern trig programm change 1 etc, but they’re more used when you want to sync two or more elektrn patterns, than when you want to control synths with it I guess.

thanks for the reply,

the way programm change work on the MnM is the same I guess after what I’ve heard and saw.

have you experienced the problem I’ve read before, when loading a new pattern, the program change locked on the first trig occur only one step after, so on the second step?

cheers from 6 years later!
I think this is key:

and it’s not written in the manual, just vaguely described what’s happening. I couldn’t for the life of me figure what program change is sent when changing patterns, while I did not set any such thing. I didn’t get what my K2000 receives, why it goes amok with MD pattern change.
so I simply turned PRG CHANGE OUT: OFF in the Global settings, and now experimenting with the PRCHG p lock and will try the CC32 bank select option.
ideas welcome on how to control the K2000RS with the MD. all I want is change sounds (called Programs in Kurzweilian) while playing live.

Like anything in the K2000, there are a lot of potential settings to adjust. You can also have PC messages change your Setups, for example.

Have a look in the manual at the description of the Receive page in the MIDI Mode chapter. There are options for Program Change type and, if you need it, for Bank Select type, as well as the MIDI channel number.

If you get stuck, post one precise example of what you want to do and we’ll help you out.

thanks!
i’m getting there, been reading the prg change formats, types, etc. in the manual, but am curious about how other people use a same setup.
will get back here if stuck, thanks again.