FP Sound Packs #8 (Routine) Sound Pack: Digitone / Keys

I would love to do that within the box.

2 Likes

Both would be great but i think it’s more accurate on pc or mac in transfer tool.

It really bothers me to buy hardware that needs a computer attached to it.

PS: i’m on Linux so every software hardware related is a real PITA since no company develops for Linux. I just passd the third day trying to emulate windows just to manage presets on a Nord Drum, i’m pissed off.

2 Likes

I can understand your frustration. I also like working just with synthesizers, without a second screen or anything else that could distract me. For me the worst and most stressful part is always when a computer comes into play (except Photoshop, this is where i loose myself, almost like working with synth’s).

You probably use Linux for a specific reason and a mac or windows system is probably out of the question?!

Yeah, nothing is perfect. It cost me a lot of hair to accept that :expressionless:

1 Like

Indeed, apart from the fact companies rarely release softwares on Linux (at the maximum some devices are Class Compliant like RME with only basic functions enabled), there’s no way i go back to Windows and i would have to sell a kidney to afford a Mac then the other organs to afford proprietary cables, softwares and all.

I really like the Linux philosophy, like a good synth: does one thing but does it well. And the open source has given amazing products, patches, etc. Collaborative instead of just Money grabbing :wink:

I’m bold, i’m immunized against any acceptation. Bold and frustrated i shall stay :rofl:

PS: really nice patches you made on the DN.

2 Likes

I would give my kidney for a schmidt synthesizer but not for a mac. But I joined anyway in the “happy nogear new year” and will buy nothing. I will continue to work with the Digitone and see what else I can tease out of the box.

I’m slowly getting bold too but I can accept that :laughing:

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Who needs that kind of gear anyway? No Midi In or Out…

I am completely offset on this one. I usually spend months even years before buying anything and i never bought so much than this month. Post covid symptom i guess :wink: Next thing i buy shall be in 2030 when there will be no more Midi connexions supported.

1 Like

For me it was or still is the other way around. I’ve saved as much as i can. For bad times… Apparently also as a result of what is happening. Haven’t heard anything about no more midi in 2030?

I believe it’s just an exaggeration.

1 Like

Typically German, have to take everything too precisely and seriously and overlook it when someone makes a joke. :grimacing: :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve honestly tried very hard at my work to be clear of speech and try to not assume knowledge with any offhand joke, I’ve never had accidental insult taken but even (especially?) with exaggeration, i need to make sure my jokes land :stuck_out_tongue:

The internet also lacks sarcasm tags…

1 Like

I refuse to explain a joke, that goes against my religion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Don’t worry, got it but it took a little longer resp. @thermionic latest post made it clear to me :wink: Translating English with a German brain (mine at least) can cause problems. I wish I were ready to understand everything straight away instead of translating…

1 Like

Schmidt synth has no midi in or out? :scream:

No, my kidney :wink:

2 Likes

My website “fpsoundpacks.com” will be down the next days and then for ever. I will close this old site and will look forward to new projects but keep “https://floppydiskpirates.sellfy.store” running for now.

There will be one or two sound packs for Digitone, i made so many patches the last year and i will pick the best of those and put them into packs, but after that i will concentrate on music without any hassle, just for me, learning, composing, producing and enjoying!

I don’t know, maybe you will see me on yt in a year making live home dj set’s or maybe i will just come here from time to time and share some sounds from current hardware and chat with you guys! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hey, all links are up to date and change to store site since my website “fpsoundpacks” is now down and forever.

All sound packs and free patches for Analog Four or Digitone can be still downloaded at my store page here: https://floppydiskpirates.sellfy.store

Cheers :beers:

1 Like

So… Sellfy has now increased the yearly amount and that’s why I’m leaving there and looking for another platform like gumroad or does anyone have a better suggestion? I know from EZBOT that he sells his performance template for Octatrack via Ko-Fi. Could be also a solution…

My sound packs can still be reached via sellfy until February 5th 2023 and after that I will update all links to the new platform.

Just to reiterate that your patches are my favorite on the Digitone! :beers:

4 Likes

Thank you very much, this is so great. I’m making some patches and never thought someone could make such great music with it. This gives me a completely new perspective on my work. I really enjoy your videos and music! :hearts:

2 Likes