Found this interesting (gear sales rank)

Came across this sales ranking on ebay - not sure how accurate (when updated, etc.) but interesting none-the-less

https://www.ebay.com/t/Pro-Audio-Synthesizers/38071/bn_2313927

Always interested in what other people are buying (esp. non forum people - perhaps we get a biased view on here). At the time I checked he Korg Volca FM was number 1. Very interesting if so.

1 Like

I think there are more keyboardists and studio musicians who shop on eBay then us gear nerds. They have shows and deadlines and would rather have something work rather than worry about the little nuances of a synth.

2 Likes

How is the Moog Theremin ranked 96? This list is rigged!

Agreed - or I’m at least surprised. That’s why I find it so interesting. Are these really the things that non gear obsessed people are buying?

1 Like

There are many gear obsessed individuals that don’t go near an online forum. I’d say this list on eBay is a pretty accurate representation of what musicians are purchasing. Especially that volca fm, pretty much every musician I know whose into synths has one.

3 Likes

Reface CS , YC, and DX all made the top 100 but the Reface CP didn’t? That’s interesting. I thought the CP model would be the most popular for the general public.

1 Like