Forward Thinking Innovations

Yup, the Ring-Mod tracks the incoming pitch from the Track that’s triggering it.

AND YES, the Arp (1-step + Offset) Works to OFFSET the Base-Pitch/Freq of a Track, it has to be triggered by the Track before it to start though :slight_smile:

Yay!!!

This is definitely too advanced for me atm but keep dropping your knowledge, the tiny bits I manage to use make me see the machine totally differently !
:+1:

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I love how this and the other Elektron gear is infinitely deep!
There are so many unexplored areas and so many capabilities :slight_smile:

Currently I use my MD as a trigger sequencer/sync box for some older Arps and stuff, the GND-IM machine is really capable…
I had a CS-15 and some people would complain that the Envelopes aren’t too snappy… Actually they’re quite fast as long as you send it the correct trigger type, which you can totally ‘design’ with the GND-IM
I’d never heard the CS series gain such speed with the triggering, it was crazy!

Also, I’ve been testing the MnM more as a Polyphonic synth and that is a new world as well, it can make some beautiful sounds and it’s sometimes a nice way to create a sound in that mode and then switch to the Mono mode…

ps. the Phaser FX machine is IMO the best way to shape the oscillators (0 speed, 0 depth, to keep it still) along with the Ring-Mod, they yield the widest results…

Talking about Poly, I find myself often using the switching between Mono and Poly mode for Soloing the active voice.

I really like how easy it is to switch from Mono to Poly and vice versa.
It’s a very smart feature !

Thanks Helgi,
long time no see.
I went and tired all your new tips today and the mono just stands the test of time. Amazing stuff.
i have always tracked the filter down and up with transpose but the 2 osc synth is amazing.

I am currently working on a jp6 template as i have access to one and the mono can do some jp6 stuff for sure. also working on a tr808 template as i also have access to one.

i might also do some sampling on the arp 2006 for a mono wave pack. or jp6 pack.