Forum anonymity

This started out as an interesting topic, but seems to be devolving into something darker.

Here’s a photo of a kitty:
kitty

5 Likes

Haha :heart_eyes: thanks, you are right, but than again it is just humanssss :grin:

This article sums up some reasons as to why people where put in jail. Yes, people were actually put in jail for posting distasteful comments. This coming from the same police force that systemically ignored rape and grooming gangs for decades because they feared of looking racist.

1 Like

By the way, I’m not Alex Jones.
I mean, you all get that my avatar is a kind of joke, right?

2 Likes

Really , i don’t know if you are in to graphic novels, but you should read “the private eye” it is great, dark but also funky.

Probably the most positiv thing to came up from this topic

1 Like

All we really know is that you hate gay frogs :frog:

1 Like

It’s disingenuous to claim that fear of looking racist was the only factor at play in the Rotherham case. Also I’m not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand. I do agree that the british government is an authoritarian shit-show in many ways.

The guardian link has two examples of distasteful comments, one guy who posted “Personally im glad that teacher got stabbed up, feel sorry for the kid… he shoulda pissed on her too”. and another saying he would have killed her colleagues too, backed up by a history of racist posts on facebook.

If these are the worst examples they can find of free speech being impinged upon, it really doesn’t seem that bad. Would still like to find a list of the full 3000 cases, have looked but it doesn’t show up.

1 Like

At its heart, this discussion is far more philosophical than political, in my opinion. I think the discussion has mostly avoided the political tangent and I’m not sure why some have made comments that they are disappointed in other members of this forum. So be it though, that is your right.

I like to think that we spread and encourage love by freely sharing ideas. I don’t think we need a manufactured consent to all get along and be happy individuals.

Another thing, in much of the western world, calls for violence against another individual or group is not free speech, it is illegal and has been for a long time.

Alright. I’ll just leave it at this. You’re free to believe what you want to believe. The grooming and rape gangs are very well documented and anyone can look that up easily. It took decades before there was even a public debate about this.

The UK is going nuts. You can be jailed for leaving a bacon sandwich outside of a mosque but will be set free if your wife depends on you, even if you abuse little kids.

Jailed for Bacon Sandwich outside Mosque

I’d be happy to chat about grooming gangs elsewhere, but it’s not really about anonymity online so trying to keep things on topic

Also the daily mail is not a reliable source

It is about anonymity. Those people wouldn’t be put in jail for being mean online if they posted anonymously.

Shooting the messenger. What in the article linked is factually wrong? Or do you dismiss the entire article because you don’t like the source? Wish I could think like that.

Yep, they called it an attack. An attack, smh.

Hey, he writes house music too.

2 Likes

This was an interesting topic,

But it’s going to be closed.

Some more information about the bacon sandwich thing https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bacon-mosque-attacker-kevin-crehan-1602270

The ‘protest’ saw bacon being placed on door handles, a St George flag tied to the fence and abuse shouted at two elderly people.

The judge who jailed Crehan said he had taken into account the 35-year-old’s history of convictions, including football-related violence.

In his summing up, Judge Julian Lambert called it “an attack on England and the principles of freedom of religion”.

The Daily Mail is incredible unreliable, they consistently lie and omit facts to suit their narrative.

Anonymously? :wink:

Prisons are overcrowded you do know that?

You should see how many Chelsea fans arent locked up and free to be racist every week.

I don’t see why it should be closed yet. Don’t get me wrong.

As long as there are no insults - and let’s not sink that deep chaps/ chapesses, it should be fine.

So if you want to joke about blowing up an airport, killing muslims or stabbing a teacher and pissing on her corpse, do it on 4chan instead of under your real name. It’s not that hard :man_shrugging: