For those of you using the CV outs to control other synths and who play live

TL;dr: How do you make use of your 4 CV outs? Do you fully use the A4 CVs as “presets” for different sounds on the CVable synths, or do you mess with the settings on your other synths between songs and use CV as performance parameters?

Backstory: I play in a rock band where I play bass and sometimes synth. I was using a Linnstrument with a modular, but I found as I got more creative with patching, I was more likely to screw up the sound between songs, leading to some unpleasant surprises.

The A4 presets should solve that problem, but I’m still going to use a piece of my modular for bass sounds, because I like the sounds and the A4 doesn’t really match them (probably an Atlantis).

I’m thinking of using the A4 to control pitch, envelope for VCA and filter settings. But I could also trigger the Atlantis’ envelope instead. Just wondering if there’s an advantage to that I haven’t thought of…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Euro Monosynth going into A4 mk1: sound quality + 1v/oct to filter

Probably best to keep all this stuff in the one thread.