For remixes, Octatrack MKII or a Digitakt?

they are not the worst either :slight_smile:
I like the delay and reverb. They do their job. Lofi is also cool

Me too. The filter sounds really good.

I donā€™t use chorus, phaser etc. much

1 Like

If you think about getting the Zoom MS-60B and/or the MS-70CDR, keep your money and save some more to get a good effect. I owned the two effect pedals (sold them afterwards), they are not horrible, but they are no particularly fruitful addition to the Octatrack.

1 Like

Abletonā€™s timestretch is much more flexible, can be used for different purposes and can sound totally realistic
OTā€™s timestretch is ok for some bpm, but for bigger tempo differences it messes up the sound.
But itā€™s very cool for glitchy timestretch effects

3 Likes

Goodā€™ol slicing though !

1 Like

More start / end settings than real slices, with weird 120 start positions no? :slight_smile:
Not that easy to divide a 4/4 sample with 120 positions, even with subdivisions.

DT lfo on sounds is cool.

A slice is a a slice, I donā€™t discriminate :rofl:
Of course itā€™s a bit of a hack but itā€™s very easy actually, for a one bar 4/4 loop just divide your sample in slices of 7.5 in length. And no need to do it again and again. Do it once, save a pattern in the last bank and next time you need to stretch/slice, copy the trigs from there.

I regularly use that cool AR / DT timestretch hack with OT, with lfo on start parameter. :wink:
Different results compared to timestretch, it can become more granular.

I do, when I use a drum kit sample with 64 slices with different lengths. :slight_smile:

1 Like

True.

You guys at elektron, give me 16 parts so I can buy an OT. Again :grinning:

3 Likes

Interesting. And needless to say Strymon pedals areā€¦theyā€™re better to look at as well!

It would feel wrong, tbh, to have a close competitor from another universe with my Elektron gear. I like the Elektron workflow, sound and aesthetic. I have this feeling with more brands. MFB or Vermona to name two. I donā€™t have it with modern MPCā€™s though. And it looks great on paper but I am taking your input in consideration and I will buy myself an OT.

2 Likes

Yes, the Strymons seem to sound great as far as i can tell from videos, unfortunally i donā€™t own one. I would consider buying one if i really need such a reverb, but at the moment the Octatrack reverbs and the reverb of the Digitone are enough for my needs.

octo hands down. itā€™s way more prone for remixing and mixing in general.

never dug the mpc live although Iā€™m an mpc owner for more than a decadeā€¦

The effects are usuable but prob wouldnt make it on most ppls final mixes. I use the effects on my MPC touch as well as a cheap Zoom g10n, works amazingly $50