Food Thread!

The end product for OctCOVIDfest! Highly recommend Alton Brown’s pretzel recipe (but I recommend replacing some all-purpose with bread flour!).

8 Likes

Looks great, Flex!

1 Like

Dang! That looks great!

1 Like

Strictly vegetarian here too. We grow a lot of our own produce on our allotment and earlier this week I finally got round to making my own pickled jalapeños. They’re in the fridge sucking up taste. Can’t wait to get to taste them. I put pickled jalapeños everywhere, on my breakfast sandwiches, in my pasta sauce, everywhere.

I also made pickled cucumber at the same time from our own cucumbers.
Life is good.

15 Likes

Few things please me like grilling chickens does.

14 Likes

chips and gravy.
pickled onion crinkled cut seabrooks crisps
cornflakes with ice cold milk.
left over cold curry on warm toast
black tea 1/2 pint mug 1 sugar cube
fried eggs - crispy white - soft yellow
freshly podded peas
Lancashire hot pot
Morecambe bay brown shrimp butter fresh baked muffins
wimberry pie and thick cream

4 Likes

Same here, I became addicted to chili after a trip to La Réunion. Brought back such kind of pickle sauce made with Piments Oiseaux, cumbava (local lime) and ginger: it made everything taste so good!!!
Now I put a bit of my own chili preparation in most of my meals :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Today it is lentils. I forgot to cook rice today, so we’ll have to do with brown rice spaghetti :joy:

1 Like

Korean BBQ anything!

Got an endless supply of Gochujang chilli sauce. Add honey, ginger rice wine vinegar, put it on anything and sprinkle with sesame seeds and finely diced scallions/green/spring onions or whatever the hell you want to call them.

Beer activates their true flavour. Goes well with baseball :slight_smile:

I’m English, honest! Just well cultured.

4 Likes

?

As in “what”, “why”, “how” or “when”?

the last bit - ‘just well cultured’

What does that mean?

cultured

adjective:

characterized by refined taste and manners and good education.

“a cultured and intelligent man”

Though I wouldn’t necassarily say I was intelligent.

this thread is pointless without delivering the receipes for the meals!

4 Likes

Good point! For my post,

Pretzels (I substituted a third of the all-purpose with bread flour) -
https://food-network.app.link/g872SA7QW9

Purple cabbage - https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/oktoberfest-red-cabbage/

Pork and brown gravy (added a few teaspoons of brown sugar to gravy) - https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cook-pork-tenderloin/

2 Likes

Been on a salsa kick. It’s rare to find habaneros where I am, but I just found some, and I have been loving it.

:tomato:, :onion:, :hot_pepper:, cilantro, black beans, :corn:, :lemon:, :salt: & pepper = :yum:

3 Likes

I’ve skimmed thru this thread and o have to say- I love how elektronauts is becoming a talent central so to speak. :slight_smile:

God bless you l, you talented bastards :heart:

6 Likes

Anyone here have a smoker?

Just got a small analog electric smoker and though I’ve successfully made a few edible items, I’ve also failed miserably on others. My taste tester also said it has a burnt taste (thought not burnt) as well, maybe the chips are in too long. I have no clue.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

What are you smoking and at what temp? Is there a thermostat? What kind of wood are you using? Picture of the unit?
I occasionally smoke things on my charcoal grill but I have some experience using electric ones too. It’s very possible to put too much smoke on things, and certain woods can have an acrid taste if overused.

3 Likes

I like the emoji recipe!

1 Like