FMR RNC or RNLA on master

From the diagram it looks like only the A4 is going through the compressor, Rytm is going straight to OT.

That’s exactly what’s happening. Only A4 is being compressed. A4 is doing bass and pads.

Bass and Bassdrums? fairly ok. i did not noticed very much pumping when i owned the RNC.
also i think, there would be not much left from the compression, if you use these recommended high pass filters. makes no sense to me

Could you please elaborate?

i’ll try to explain you with my bad english :wink: you can split the audio track that is going through the signal path of the RNC. you use a High Pass Filter in Ableton or any other DAW. then you route the EQ’d track from the DAW/Audio Interface to the Sidechain input of the RNC. viola! you could use this Method even with a Mixing console instead of a computer i think. no need for expensive FMOD filters. i did myself and it works great

1 Like

Ah yes, understood. Thanks for clarifying. Different strokes for different folks.

it was a pleasure to help you^^

1 Like

Finally got an RNC
WOW!!!
It’s definitely got some magic sauce
I’ve just been using the OT compressor for a long time now
This thing sounds so warm and sizzly
Wanted the RNLA but I couldn’t pass on this deal, and it’s exactly what I wanted

5 Likes

anyone tried this ? i’ll wait for damn month to get harrison from US. Can’t believe there is not something similar in europe.

Also, question about xpressor, if i don’t plug external source in to sidechain input, SCF filtering works on signal that is coming in to main inputs? 500 version doesn’t have sidechain external input, so i reckon it should work that way to.

@AdamJay, like your live set, bass heavy but smooth :+1::muscle:

Thanks