FMR RNC or RNLA on master

That’s exactly what’s happening. Only A4 is being compressed. A4 is doing bass and pads.

1 Like

Bass and Bassdrums? fairly ok. i did not noticed very much pumping when i owned the RNC.
also i think, there would be not much left from the compression, if you use these recommended high pass filters. makes no sense to me

Could you please elaborate?

i’ll try to explain you with my bad english :wink: you can split the audio track that is going through the signal path of the RNC. you use a High Pass Filter in Ableton or any other DAW. then you route the EQ’d track from the DAW/Audio Interface to the Sidechain input of the RNC. viola! you could use this Method even with a Mixing console instead of a computer i think. no need for expensive FMOD filters. i did myself and it works great

1 Like

Ah yes, understood. Thanks for clarifying. Different strokes for different folks.

it was a pleasure to help you^^

1 Like

Finally got an RNC
WOW!!!
It’s definitely got some magic sauce
I’ve just been using the OT compressor for a long time now
This thing sounds so warm and sizzly
Wanted the RNLA but I couldn’t pass on this deal, and it’s exactly what I wanted

8 Likes

anyone tried this ? i’ll wait for damn month to get harrison from US. Can’t believe there is not something similar in europe.

Also, question about xpressor, if i don’t plug external source in to sidechain input, SCF filtering works on signal that is coming in to main inputs? 500 version doesn’t have sidechain external input, so i reckon it should work that way to.

@AdamJay, like your live set, bass heavy but smooth :+1::muscle:

Thanks

Ordered me a pair of 70 and 100hz (wouldnt let me choose just one?) from Harrison Labs. Thanks @AdamJay

On a side note: look at this link on their homepage under “How to Survive Forever”

http://www.find-god.com/

:no_mouth:

4 Likes

Well THAT’S a little creepy…

4 Likes

That company needs a filter.

5 Likes

Bit of climate change stuff on the front page too. Certainly helps in deciding whether to place an order

3 Likes

The Harrison Fmod is much cheaper and it’s Harrison :man_shrugging:t2: I got mine delivered to the UK via Amazon (US website). used my normal UK amazon login. It was just like buying something from a UK seller.

The RNC with the Harrison FMod setup is really nice… no pun intended :wink:

Also who cares what on their site as far as political, religious, or otherwise? They make a good product and have for years.

1 Like

Some people do care about if their money goes to those who support certain causes.

I personally wouldn’t have recommended this product had I foreseen the company putting links to FoxNews videos on their page, a couple years later.
But whatever. It’s out there.
There are other ways to achieve this. a cheap Graphic EQ pedal will also do the job. No one has to support this company, no one has to avoid them either. Do what’s best for you and your own conscience and if that intersects with your gear needs, then you’re all more than equipped to navigate it.

5 Likes

Just thought it was an interesting.

1 Like

And that’s where we should end this tangent in order to keep things on topic.

1 Like

This one is only $29

2 Likes

@AdamJay with the audible. This is the same price and more versatile. And what would the connections be in this case?

This is also easy and cheap to DIY. Google on “passive filter”.

1 Like