Flight Cases For Live Gigs

Maybe this could be a fun/interesting discussion?

I’ve been doing more and more electronic live work in Nashville. Really enjoying it, but my gear isn’t well protected at the moment. I typically bring an OT, Syntakt and M8, but lately have been doing improvs with either my bass or other musicians, so I’d like to add more pedals and a dedicated looper…maybe a small poly of some sort.

So my thoughts are this. Get a decent sized pedalboard flight case. My whole setup can be bolted/velcro’d down and wired up so all I have to do is pop the lid, use one electrical outlet, and two audio cables to the sound engineer. This serves a few nice functions for my mindset aside from protecting the gear.

1. Super fast setup, both at the gig and when I get back home to my desk. Pop the lid, plug it in and go.

2. Limiting options- if it doesn’t fit in the case, it stays home. This is healthy for me. Forces me to learn the gear more fully.

3. A consistent and neatly laid out rig.

I’m currently looking at a case that’s roughly 32” wide, 18” front to back and 6” deep. With castors. May even go as large as 36”x20”. Still unsure. I think @DaveMech uses a similar approach if memory serves.

Anyone else do something similar? Better or different ideas?

Big thread on this here -

1 Like

Oh my gosh, I swear I searched it and not much came up! Thanks!

1 Like