Fjærlett

https://tilde-elektriske.com/fjaerlett

… FJÆRLETT is an audio feedback instrument. You create feedback through reverb springs and shape that feedback signal with a graphic eq.

… from the waitinglist info >> Estimated wait time for new customers is now over 5 years.

:tongue:

PS: I want one, this is just beatiful

7 Likes

Hahaha I predicted that happening as soon as I saw it mentioned on sonic talk. I signed up to the waiting list directly after, and didn’t get that message. I’m maybe higher on the list…3 years maybe?

It does look really cool.

2 Likes

I dig the clean, Nordic design, and the hands-on aspects. One of the folks I support on Patreon shared it earlier this week and I thought “what the hell, I’ll sign up.” That was before any updates on the waitlist, so I have no idea where I am in line either. I wonder if they’ll adjust plans for production, given the massive interest they generated.

1 Like

Only 5 years, pffft, call me when the wait is 10 years.

1 Like

5 years means I should get it 12 years before my Cirklon!

8 Likes

Yeah, been on that list for a good while too. Tbh I doubt I’ll even go through with it if one was to come up unless I was feeling overtly flush.

This thing looks lovely, but I doubt I’ll be as interested in several years when I’ve forgotten all about it.

2 Likes

can someone more knowledgable tell me if/how this is different:
http://www.knasmusic.com/products/moisturizer/moisturizer.php

the KNAS is to process audio (I/O) and has a beautiful filter. and no EQ.
fjaerlett doesn’t seem to have an input and relies on feedback loop(s). I have yet to make my KNAS feedback and i dont suppose it can (besides filter osciliation).

1 Like

with a mixer with FX sends you should be able to route the output back to the input and do feedback loops with it then use your mixers EQs and the filter to mess with the feedback… it wouldn’t give the exact results unless you got a multi band EQ tuned to the same frequencies and maybe there is something extra going on with there feedback circuitry. But you would also be able to add other signals into the feedback loop and given a lot of people have a mixer you could even do something similar to this with just buying a cheap graphic rack EQ and a spring and tank for like 100$ total and the mixer would give you flexible routing options. I dunno I feel like a KNAS with a mixer would be a bit more interesting than this with all those extra features.

Not to say this is a terrible deal it is a nice little contained box, boutique made, saves you some fiddling and pretty dang cool if you ask me. A bit of a shame about no audio in but I suppose that really drives home it being for feedback.

2 Likes

Five year waiting list? Humanity may not be around by then. Do I get my money back if that happens? Beautiful effect. I bet it goes amazingly well with a Lyra.

They should hire one of their grandparents to assemble this thing, have them work a reasonable 2 hour shift and feed them lunch, cut that wait time right down.

1 Like

Gram, I need you put the puzzle piece down. I’ve got a job of the upmost importance for you.

1 Like

Uncap your bingo pen if you choose to accept this mission. I worked at a printing press where the grandma was hired to come in and assemble books for a few hours a week.

2 Likes

True story for you. When my Great Grandma died, one of the things I received was 20 pounds of bingo dobbers, and all the knick knacks she thought brought her good luck. So I really appreciate that statement.

3 Likes

That’s super tight dude, I love that. She sounds cool as hell. The point is, grandparents work hard and have fun. Perfect hire.

1 Like

The implementation of the graphic equalizer is really inspiring. I wish that was on more devices.

No audio in makes this a no for me, though.

1 Like

Oh damn. No audio in? Wow, thats a really big missed opportunity. Darn.

The waiting list form had a spot for requests or customizations people would like to see. I imagine audio in would be one. Allowing it to be a eq reverb or a feedback drone instrument would be nice too I guess. But I also kind of like that it’s meant to be an instrument rather than a treatment.

1 Like

Yeah I get that, but even the mighty Lyra has audio in. Would’ve been sweet to manipulate the spring reverb on incoming beat loops as well as some synth lines. Not too late I guess. Still a nice sounding drone though.

For sure I love using my lyra as a processor as well

1 Like