Fixed!

Hi, just cleaned up my fixed speed for the first time ever. Thought I’d post it all fresh as a daisy.

Any other fixies out there?

Tell me about it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been riding fixed gear bikes for more than ten years (alongside geared road bikes). My current two are a Bob Jackson Vigorelli (the do everything bike with bottle cage and mudguards and security bolts on everything) and a custom Feather Cycles which I’m actually selling at the moment. Incredible bike (fully custom, Reynolds 853 steel, dura-ace, etc) but I don’t have the space and I haven’t ridden it in years.

If you’re in or near London do me a favour and buy it! :happy:

1 Like

This is a bad picture of the Bob. Looks shabby but has some ok parts, Chris King h/s, Sugino 75s, Thomson post.

1 Like

Hah I initially thought this thread was about a problem that had been resolved. Here’s my Fuji Track in summer guise, all-weather beater, love that it fits 32mm tyres.

3 Likes

More into MTB than road bikes but I’ve got a fixed/Singlespeed (a 29er on-one inbred) that I use as a commuter/pub bike. Excuse the stickers and pink grips, it’s to put the thieves off.

I’ve also got a Singlespeed rigid 29+ (genesis longitude) it’s bloody brilliant.

I’ve got a road bike and a fatbike with gears for when my knees need a break. Don’t get out nearly as much as I’d like since my kid was born last year though…

3 Likes

Oh man I love riding my mtb.

I live in a beautiful part of the world with miles and miles of countryside on one side and the other is the coast. I have woodland all around and I live three minutes from a country park with lakes and all sorts.

I’m out tomorrow morning for a three village ride.

If anyone is ever in North Essex and wants to ride, shout in my direction.

Yes! I’ve been thinking of converting my MTB to fixed for awhile now. Our hills are the steeps here in Alberta Canada. Kids have put a dampener on my MTB rides so it will have to wait. Running an ol’ Cove Stiffee with a 1x10 drive.

Great looking bikes, looks like fun! Would love to burn up a trail with one of those.

1 Like

Looks like a perfect commuter, could ride through a few seasons with that guy! Nice bike, looks like it gets some use!

Love the simplicity of the fixed gear bike, way less maintenance.

Hop on, GO!

Cheers, looks rough but mechanically perfect, best way for city riding. Yours is looking super clean and new! Enjoying clipless?

@finalform are you on lfgss? Think I recognise that lovely Feather

Yeah I am indeed. Not very active on there these days though.

Love that Genesis. My current road bike is an Equilibrium.

1 Like

Required for me, plus 45 min commute one way daily.

They are ancient, same as my shoes; the clip on my one shoe is all wiggly. But they are holding on, I bought new fancy clipless pedals but my shoes were not compatible, shoes are still good so… just kept using them.

Won’t go clipless on a MTB, not the way I ride…

my baby

3 Likes

Shiny!

Great to see some bike love here! But why, oh why just fixed?? Like if only elektron maxhine allowed in your setup pics…

Fixed is like a fun little club! Most of us probably ride other bikes too, feel free to post em :full_moon_with_face:

1 Like

No fixed bike for me but in recent years used my works “cycle2work” scheme to pick up a mountain bike and a hybrid road bike thing. Dont use either nearly enough but last weekend completed my farthest cycle - 24/25 miles around the Carron Valley (falkirk area, Central Scotland).

Now, I’m well aware 24 miles is nothing to most bike nuts but for me, I was completely blowing out my arse half way round. Managed to complete it without stopping though which bright a great sense of achievement.

1 Like

I sold my last fixed gear bike last fall. I still have three bike.

Pedalroom

4 Likes

After a bit of a botched job fixying an old specialized frame I stuck an electric motor on my mini velo. Great li’l machine.
:bike::battery:

2 Likes

Nice arsenal! I like the orange one :slight_smile: I’m down to 3 as well. But one is in pieces. And may stay that way sadly.