First things to do with the Octatrack 2023

I think so. But you also have to think about what you want to do with it once you think you master it…after nearly 10 years… :tongue:

I’d love to try new AR features on other Elektrons ! (ST?..;))

2 Likes

Learning parts today was pretty easy considering how everyone says they are confusing.

Makes it easy not having to copy volume levels constantly from pattern to another when you make changes somewhere else.

Reverb could be a bit better as a lot of people are saying and pitch shift doesn’t feel as good as on the digitakt? Otherwise it’s just nice getting larger sounds but a lot to learn how to sample efficiently and make everything fit together.

Depends if Timestretch is on.
With TSTR Off it behaves as DT despite its more limited range; can be combined with RATE, octaves lower.
etc

Btw it is interesting to try RATE=TSTR with TSTR on and off. Off it switches to reverse without pitch change, and On you can get drastic results.

3 Likes

Ah thanks didn’t yet figure out to try switching timestretching on and off when adjusting rate and pitch. I’ll do that next

1 Like

I’m trying this but I hear only a short zap on step 1 of T7 playback, getting cut off instantly. When i look at the recorder waveform it gets cleared every time on step 1. Did I misunderstand something to get continuous playback?

Micro timing the play trig to the right doesnt help.

Only with pitch 0 and rate 63 it plays continuously.

I forgot to mention to disable timestretch, TSTR=off, and you have also to place a second FLEX trig on step 9.
No microtiming needed.

I have a rookie problem. When i’m in AED on the trim page i can sometimes play the sample with step 9 and at other times i have to hit func and yes to play it. Any ideas?