First one for 2018 (techno/tech house)

no worries, i appreciate how helpful everyone is here.

1 Like

yes, its restores faith in my fellow souls who offer help and restore positive contribution to each other without ego, and the freedom to express it without worry of judgment etc…

2 Likes

This Screenshot is from the Book " The Secrets of Dance Music Production " ?

1 Like

Right. it’s a good book… I’m in the process to read the attack magazine one. More page… it’s close but also different… both are interesting to read even for experienced users.

A good thread with books :

My 4 Favorites Books regarding Synthesis and Production.

How to make Noise from Simon Cann is the one to read the last. it’s cover subtractive (analog) synthesis
frequency modulation synthesis (including phase modulation and ring modulation), additive synthesis, wave-sequencing, sample-based synthesis… So it’s a huge amount of informations.

Go Sport now :slight_smile:

1 Like

A good tutorial to watch it’s like to me a perfect Mixing 101 in Electronic Music. Of course there’s better and more advanced but this one is the perfect introduction. It’s from the Quick balance, using EQ, Sidechain compression (which I don’t really like for my music genre personally, prefer NY compression instead) Adding Space to the Sounds by Panning, chorus… Create mix groups and busses, Working on Transcients, using multiple well chosen reverbs slightly and some explanations regarding Vinyl Cut.

Note : Books Secrets of House and Secrets of Dance cover more or less the same. But with more depth. (like 101, 202 combined) All techniques learnt can be apply to external mixing, internal mixing etc…

https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9404

1 Like

Anyone knows Welsh’s Synthesizer Cookbook?

Maybe I will buy this one…

1 Like

Yes it’s a good book… good recipe for sound design, a general approach … it’s like designing a full GM set of sounds. interesting and worth the value. Not that much electronic music though appart from 2 bass sounds and few pads. But for a general understanding of synth sounds it’s a nice book.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like