First Digitone/Digitakt - overheating?

Hello, These are my first elektrons and Im wondering if any other Digitones run hot? My Digitakt doesnt run hot and is cool to the touch. I can feel the heat coming off the Digitone

Same here, although I wouldn’t call it hot. But it definitely runs a bit warmer than you would expect from a synth. It has twice the processing power of the Digitakt so not really a surprise it’s warmer than that.
It also seems to depend on the patches you have running, some sounds heat up the DN a lot more than others.
I would avoid putting it in a flightcase under a bunch of stage lights, but a lot of people even do that and have no problems.

My digitakt has been on for 7 months.

5 Likes

The Digitone uses dual DSP processing, so there’s an extra chip in there for creating sounds compared to the Digitakt’s one. Maybe this contributes to the DN getting slightly warmer?

its warm at best. try a freakin motu 8a or modular…THAT shit gets hot. and thats not even hot enough to do damage.

I’ve noticed it running a little above room temp, but nothing alarming.

Does any of You guys observed that Digitone body case is much more warmer than Digitakt while operating?

1 Like

Yes, nothing wrong with that I guess. Same look but different circuits.