First connection digitakt + ableton + overbridge

Hi guys … I am recently using the digitakt, and my first external tool that I should connect to ableton. I also downloaded OB … but the problem is that I lack the basis to make everything work … can you explain to me how I can connect everything with ableton?! :frowning:

Download all the ob files.

Download the most recent fw for your devices

Install the ob software

Install the fw to the machines

Plug the machines in (USB, audio, and midi- depending on your setup)

Turn on ableton and it will scan your vst folder.

Open the vst/plugin folder in ableton and select the Elektron plugin for your device.

That’s the basic set up.

I may have missed something, so others will chime in if required.

Start there and come back if there’s any issues

:grin:

You have missed:

Download the manual and read it.

:wink:

And another important thing:

When installing the OB software you need to change the installation directory to your VST directory of Ableton! Otherwise Ableton can scan 1000 times and won’t find it.

1 Like

Yes, good point about the folder

Manual? Err then people wouldn’t come here and ask the same questions over and over! :smile:

1 Like

thanks for the answers … but now it tells me that the firmware is not updated … it was incompatible !!

1 Like

Yes, ob will only work on a particular fw and above.

You’ll get there mate. Promise.

Actually in the beta the firmware version must exactly match with the OB version, because they are still changing both sides.

So whenever you install a version of the OB beta you also need to install the firmware which comes with it (download link in the same thread).

The only exception is when there is no new beta firmware version (still the same beta version number as before).

3 Likes

now it works … I downloaded all the updated firmware !! now we only need to understand the complete functioning of OB :slight_smile: