Fine Tune Analog Drums Possible?

I have a tuner after the Overbridge plugin, and cant seem to finely tune the analog created tracks.
Example using the synth bass drum “BD HARD” Turning the tune knob seems to make it jump up/down in large increments with no way to tune it to standard chromatic pitches. I do notice a fine tune knob in the “Sample” based section but nothing for the analog. seems rather strange you cant tune the analog synth drums to a precise pitch. I must be missing something here.

Lfo on tune should be usable.
Square, speed 0…

2 Likes

Many thanks, hit the spot, still curious why it would be omitted, guess they dont tune much at elekton :slight_smile:

this topic has been covered many times already on this board. Search around and ye will find.

Elektron is aware of the tuning issue. This is why the more recent kick drum machines track pitch better over a larger range. Some of the original kick machines however do not track all that purely.

@William_WiLD made an excel sheet about the drum tunings a long time ago. Its probably still around somewhere on this board.

Remember to calibrate your rytm if tuning seems way off the known parameters

2 Likes

And here it is:

1 Like

You need to clean the synth to its fundamental to make it easy. The more you have the Tone (waveform) only the best it is to spot on the frequency (the note)… Then you can put everything in place (so better to note every parameter of the synth sound so you can then put everything in place)

I analyse from the highest note to the lowest to deduce in some sound the pitch by logical range as it’s more easy to read the analyser.

The parameter for Tuning is TUN, Sweep Time is OFF, Sweep Depth is OFF, Decay is at 100 to heard and analyse the Fundamental frequency easier. Waveform is 0 (or the first one) Hold Time is OFF, Transient is OFF. To get the purest fundamental Tone.

Tuning Table
*it’s not a perfect tool and may vary (a little bit) from machine to machine as it’s analog *

3 Likes