Finally, the perfect mixer? [Allen & Heath QuPac]

According to your pics, everything should be working :cry:

Also, the led above ready is yellow and the led above link/err blinks yellow. Not sure if that matters.

Could it be incorrect/faulty ethernet cable?

Also try setting your I/O patch screen D-Snake IN the same as mine, if you compare them yours has different assignments for the first 16 channels.(NC instead of Main)

1 Like

I think when I got mine I just plugged it in and the default settings for inputs worked, so try going to a blank/default scene perhaps?

Re the LED I am not able to check right now, but I am fairly certain it is either green or red non flashing.

1 Like

Nope, tried same settings, though I only have inputs 1-8 on the AR84, whereas your AB168 has 1-16. So I only need to use inputs 17-24.

Also, Iā€™ve tried numerous cat5 cables, and still, nothing :frowning:

Yes I see, but if you compare yours here

:

To same on mine, it could be this patching giving you the error:

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve tried setting every channel in dSnake in as main 1-8 and still nothing.

Just submitted a ticket to A&H.

1 Like

Has anyone using the Qu-Pac set up the AH as an FX Send/Return?

Not yet, but when my Heat arrives I will!

1 Like

Yes, works well.

2 Likes

Thanks, would you mind explaining briefly how you routed it in terms of I/O?

Yeah, I have 3 effects all utilizing the mono inputs linked, so for instance, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16. Then Iā€™m also using the 3 stereo output mixes. After youā€™ve that setup, you just route everything internally.

So sometimes Iā€™ll throw a synth through the biscuit, then through the Deco, and finally through the BIM. Really flexible routing options etc.

2 Likes

OK, thereā€™s definitely something Iā€™m doing wrong here. So the outputs of the heat are going into a linked pair of mono channels on the Qu-PAC. The outputs of Mix 5-6 on the Qu-PAC are going into the Heatā€™s inputs. I go into the the channel processing and turn up the volume of Mix 5-6 on the channels I want to route to the Heat. Mix 5-6 itself is turned up to full.

But I get nothing. Any ideas?

Iā€™d be inclined to start with a new default scene, try the setup there, seems like you have routed everything correctly though.

Have you routed (via the routing screen) the inputs to the outputs etc?

Check the routing screen, sounds like that might be your issue.

Many thanks for your help guys. Iā€™m kind of almost there. I have the heat coming back now, but itā€™s all sort of clipped and just plain wrong somehow. Still fiddling around.

I have AH running out stereo mix 7/8 and coming back in on ST1. All other channels are turned all the way down on the faders. The only thing passing audio is ST1 to my main LR out to speakers. Everything else is routed to st1 for now.

Next Iā€™m going to experiment with using it as an insert and only on one thing at a time, but right now my whole mix passes through

1 Like

Overbridge is going to make all this a whole lot easier for me. Come on with the update!

Iā€™m interested in connecting effects boxes (namely a Mooger-Fooger MIDI Murf and Ekdahl Mosturizer, both unbalanced) as an insert effect for a given channel, and am hoping to confirm what cables I would need. The manual has this to say:

If you are connecting to ā€˜unbalancedā€™ equipment then make sure the XLR pin 3 (signal cold) is linked to pin 1 (signal ground). [p.14 of Qu Mixer Reference Guide]

I found some 1/4" TS to XLR Female cables but I understand I would have to solder pins 1 and 3 together. I wonderā€“

From there, I understand I could assign a given channel to mix (post preamp,) mix out to fx, fx back to spare channel, and treat this spare channel as the wet channel.

I donā€™t have a Qu, but am considering it. Itā€™d be so freaking cool to be able to route my signal flow to specific effects boxes with a push of a button.

In the Multtrack recording on the Qu PAC does anyone know, if the any of the 16 channels can be re-assigned to record any other inputs for instance send effects etc?