Finally got my OT a proper wood stand!

It’s made out of tanguile - I was asked if I wanted mahogany or tanguile and I just asked the builder to use whatever was more common and sustainable. Tanguile is very light (which might not look well with the grey finish of the :elot:
so I asked for it to have a full walnut stain.

The grain is great, and the shade as well! I’m such a sucker for walnut stained (or real walnut) wood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know I was also suprised that it was pegged together. I thought he was going to nail / screw it together. The pegs was such a good call and it’s looks and feels so premium. The bevel was also his touch. I love it when the builder has a great vision of how he wants his product to look and feel. It just translates better vs me just giving exact instructions!

1 Like

Totally with you! Which is why I never get tired of scrolling through the forum. Geeks, nerds, and great musicians unite! :zap:

1 Like

These are great and I assume super easy to keep rearranging or even lug around your bag if needed! Also, envious of your table. It’s nice looking and look at that space! I only have maybe about a fourth of it!

1 Like

Correct! Very functional. I believe they are made from reclaimed acacia, but I could be wrong, @CountedSorrow can clarify.

The table I found at a charity shop (or goodwill, or op-shop depending on where you are from) its chip board with a nice looking veneer… but yes, its a nice size for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@TatakTekno and @Microtribe

Thank you!

Acacia wood offcuts, stainless steel inlay, wine goatskin leather covering the screw holes. Half-lap joints for strength. Sets the instrument at a 20° angle

3 Likes