Filter Cutoff Knob - Can we adjust the scaling / tracking speed?

I can’t seem to get smooth filter sweeps. The control range is either too granular, so i need 5-7 full rotations to get from min to max, or when holding down the knob for bigger increments it is way to sensitive. I need a lot of pressure to control it at that speed and it doesn’t feel right doing so.

Is there an option to change the scaling permanently (global config?), or maybe a workaround using performance macros that i can choose how fast or slow the value can change (Relative to my movement speed).

Ideally Cutoff requires a 200° turn from closed to fully open, as if the start and endpoint is fixed, like with regular knobs on the Model-D for example. (currently its 110° or so, when pushing down the encoder… goes twice as fast as expected.)

• PS: i only have the A4 for a few days. currently studying, but this is a major bummer for me…
  • PS#2: shouldn’t it be the other way around in general? fast = default, fine = press encoder.

Yes, I think so, it should be an option.
MKI user here, maybe different.

With Perf macros you can have great results for realtime control. A few days is a bit short.
It has really particular things, it needs some time to get all the subtle things. Pressing is not too physical at the end. :slight_smile:

The performance knob is a normal pot, so maybe it’ll feel better using that?

I came from OP-1 land where pressturn = slow, so I know your feeling! :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, that is much better! Thank you!

Only problem there seems to be that the sweep/automation is not recording in live-mode. Hmm. But certainly is better, because it is predictable! And it doesn’t require force and does not have this super weird acceleration (A little too much pressure and it shoots right on the other side).

It’s somewhat heartbreaking, cause everything else is perfect.

It does start feeling more natural with time and practice, I promise :slight_smile:

(I know it’s far from an ideal solution, but you can of course control the filters with your favourite MIDI controller.)