Few Questions about the four mkii

Just a couple questions that I can only seem to find partial answers to:

Just upgraded my A4 where do I find instructions on how to access the new midi sequencing features

I plan on sequencing a Summit, will I be able to record full chords per track or will I have to use each track of the four for a single voice of the external poly synth

Can I still CV sequence while also Midi Sequencing two separate pieces of gear

And lastly, does elektron update the manual with newly added features from updates and I was just unable to find it like a dummy :smiley:

you have 4 notes of polyphony per midi track.
You can use any of the 6 tracks for midi (if I‘m not completely mistaken).

you can sequence midi and cv gear at the same time

2 Likes

See the top of page 44. It’s a very small section that’s easy to miss!

2 Likes

Thank ya!

1 Like

Checking right now, thank you a bunch!

Ok so I’ve got it working, however this brings another question, can I lock a pad played on the Keys of the outboard synth to the trig on the A4, for example if I hold down trig one and press a Cm chord on the external keybed is there a way to lock it like that.

Cheers and thanks again for all the help.

I believe that should work? You need to have the correct MIDI channel set though.

It has to match either the A4 track’s channel, the PERF channel, or the AUTO channel (see the MIDI channel config menu). I always forget which one, so I end up having to try them all every time I want to do something like this…

Resurrecting this thread, I tried both of those and I just can’t seem to get it to do that (holding external keys to lock a chord when button is pressed) it will record a chord played when live record is activated tho, not sure what I’m doing wrong.