Feed my OT: best IPad apps

^^^^just got it. Man ipad apps are just incredible . I really suggest zynthesizr - actually got a nice synth engine but the best midi pattern sequencer for melodic stuff - you can set it to 32 steps and choose an area in those 32 steps that can change according to certain rules like game if life , change octaves, notes - it’s really simple and natural to use. I know use it on everything

I love Mitosynth’s ribbon keyboard:

• Keys are sensitive to Y position on an individual basis, much like the Animoog keys.
  • It is possible to play pedal-steel like lines, in which one note is held by a finger, and the other finger slides. This seems to depend on the patch.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread, but Jasuto is a lot of fun. I just grabbed it at $1.99, and all the IAPs are included.

I’m digging mitosis more and more.

Chordal is very good too - I’m really into those types of apps .

Anyone know of a really good app like xynthezisr or chordal?

Here’s a cool free app for Indian string sounds and drones: http://iotic.com/samvada/
Audiobus compatible as well :slight_smile:

A lot of you probably already know this, but Sugar Bytes are having a 50% off sale right now for Halloween. I’d played around with the computer versions of their apps in the past, but I’m more impressed with the iPad versions-Turnado and WOW really benefit from the touchscreen interface, and using the midi note input/step sequencer of Effectrix with the OTs sequencer is getting into some next level shit. Worth grabbing if you don’t already have them.

This app is great for tuning:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/n-track-tuner-pro/id662934229?mt=8

Uses the microphone as input, and it seems to deal well with ambient background noise.

+1
Never thought of using Effectrix like that, nice one :+1: [/quote]
I’m just going to respond to both of your replies here:
Certainly a worthwhile $9 for Effectrix at the moment. I’ve been using my KP3 for the last year or so to accomplish a similar goal with my Elektrons (program change from the Monomachine for different effects, using p-locks for per-step changes), but Effectrix is a bit more elegant and gives you a lot more simultaneous effects, which can be changed by locking notes in the OT sequencer (a nice option since you can’t p-lock program change like you can with the Mono). I think Turnado is actually far more interesting and fun, but for us Elektronauts the step sequencing of Effectrix is a no-brainer. I’ve had more fun using these apps with my hardware in the last two days than I’d had over the last month of music making.
iTablaPro looks cool, but it’s also $25, while Samvada is free. Unless iTablaPro has midi note input, I’d rather save the money on such an expensive app, as my only complaint with Samvada is that you cannot sequence it…different sound sets I guess, but personally I’ve got tabla sounds at my disposal in hardware.

Just a test…when I tried to make my last post I got a message that this topic was closed. If this posts, carry on.

Check out this thread over at audiobus forum about users’ favorite apps.

Sugarbytes Egoist…just get it.

Tell me more. I want it, but wonder if I need it with all the apps I already have, alongside my OT, MDUW, and MM.

+1
Never thought of using Effectrix like that, nice one :+1: [/quote]
I’m just going to respond to both of your replies here:
Certainly a worthwhile $9 for Effectrix at the moment. I’ve been using my KP3 for the last year or so to accomplish a similar goal with my Elektrons (program change from the Monomachine for different effects, using p-locks for per-step changes), but Effectrix is a bit more elegant and gives you a lot more simultaneous effects, which can be changed by locking notes in the OT sequencer (a nice option since you can’t p-lock program change like you can with the Mono). I think Turnado is actually far more interesting and fun, but for us Elektronauts the step sequencing of Effectrix is a no-brainer. I’ve had more fun using these apps with my hardware in the last two days than I’d had over the last month of music making.
iTablaPro looks cool, but it’s also $25, while Samvada is free. Unless iTablaPro has midi note input, I’d rather save the money on such an expensive app, as my only complaint with Samvada is that you cannot sequence it…different sound sets I guess, but personally I’ve got tabla sounds at my disposal in hardware.[/quote]
I’ve used Effectrix and Turnado with Cubase extensively for the past few years. They are among my all time favorite VST’s. So much fun. Sugarbytes makes great effects.

Apparently all VirSyn apps are now on sale.

There’s sure to be iTunes card deals floating out there too for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I’m sure most of you are aware, but there are lots of apps on sale right now for Black Friday, and this will no doubt continue through the month.

I use the free app “AppZapp Pro” to stay abreast of any discounts. Worth grabbing to see what is on sale, and by how much as it shows the original price of apps as well.

I bought it last year, but Moog have discounted Animoog to $5 (down from $30) again, and that alone is a no-brainer purchase.

I’ve been using traktor dj a lot lately with the OT. This has been a very powerful and useful combo for me.

Tell me more. I don’t keep mp3s on my iPad (Plex covers all of my media needs…seriously, grab it, because it’s one of the best bits of software I’ve ever found-I spent over a decade wishing for a media manager like Plex), but it might be worth using if there is a benefit with the OT. I ended up getting Traktor for free last year, but haven’t spent more than a few minutes with it on my iPhone. How do you use it with the OT?

Tell me more. I don’t keep mp3s on my iPad (Plex covers all of my media needs…seriously, grab it, because it’s one of the best bits of software I’ve ever found-I spent over a decade wishing for a media manager like Plex), but it might be worth using if there is a benefit with the OT. I ended up getting Traktor for free last year, but haven’t spent more than a few minutes with it on my iPhone. How do you use it with the OT?[/quote]
Its real simple. I have a lot of music I’ve created on Ableton live that I import into my iTunes. Once I have the song in Traktor I’ll creat 8 cue points in different parts of the song then set the tempo to match the OT. I’ll then launch Trakor on beat with the OT. Whats nice about Traktor is you can launch the cue points as loops, stabs or just play out. I use some nonrythmic soundscapes to play along with the OT plus some all sorts of tunes and melodies. This opens my entire iTunes library to be sampled effected by the OT. I haven’t tried to midi sync the two I’m not sure if its possible but this combo works great nonetheless. Live improve on the OT plus full DJ capabilities will keep the crowd entertained for hours if need be. I know it keeps me entertained for hours. lol :+1:

Yes Baddcr I’m completely aggree. This setup has lead to a more organic human feel to my set. When I’m producing and performing I like to feel like I’m as well as who ever is listening is going on an unexplored journey. Useing the OT paired with the iPad has been one of the most compact versatile rigs I’ve ever used.

Tell me more. I don’t keep mp3s on my iPad (Plex covers all of my media needs…seriously, grab it, because it’s one of the best bits of software I’ve ever found-I spent over a decade wishing for a media manager like Plex), but it might be worth using if there is a benefit with the OT. I ended up getting Traktor for free last year, but haven’t spent more than a few minutes with it on my iPhone. How do you use it with the OT?[/quote]
Its real simple. I have a lot of music I’ve created on Ableton live that I import into my iTunes. Once I have the song in Traktor I’ll creat 8 cue points in different parts of the song then set the tempo to match the OT. I’ll then launch Trakor on beat with the OT. Whats nice about Traktor is you can launch the cue points as loops, stabs or just play out. I use some nonrythmic soundscapes to play along with the OT plus some all sorts of tunes and melodies. This opens my entire iTunes library to be sampled effected by the OT. I haven’t tried to midi sync the two I’m not sure if its possible but this combo works great nonetheless. Live improve on the OT plus full DJ capabilities will keep the crowd entertained for hours if need be. I know it keeps me entertained for hours. lol :+1: [/quote]
No, unfortunately Traktor dj does not do Midi clock, or anything close to it. I also find it’s either OT or traktor dj for me, but not both together: too much redundancy, as you can do a lot (not all) of traktor features on OT, and OT has midi sync so i can use other hardware as well.
The biggest anti traktor argument is that as soon as you have it on stage, people will go “oh you are djing with traktor”. Then they will look at the OT and say “what kind of controller is that?” If i get paid next to nothing, traktor. Proper fee: OT+AR+xyz.