Feature Requests midi one shot trigs, free tempo multyplier

midi one shot trigs, i’m sure it’s already been requested, but here is a +1… was trying to put it for ten minutes, then looked up in the manual that it’s not available for midi. bummer. when sequencing drum machines it can free up a pattern or two.

the other request i will copy from the elektron users forum, it didn’t get much love there…

making the tempo multiplier in the scale menu a free value so one could dial in 1/5 or other values.
would be a great tool for complicated polyrhythms…

even better would be an option for the different tracks to cycle a predefined number of beats in N steps, for example track one has 4 beats that take up 16 steps, while at the same time track 2 has the same number of beats with 17 steps. that way, in time that track 1 finishes with its 16 steps, track 2 has finished it’s 17 step cycle. this would make the Octa the mother of all polyrhythm.

1 Like

I’m necroing this thread because I went looking for midi one-shot and instead found this.

+1

Is there no way around?

EDIT: seems that’s changed. However: the track sequence begins not when I hit the corresponding trig, but when the pattern starts over. In addition, the track sequence won’t go anywhere unless the sequencer is running.

Basically I want it to act exactly like a one-shot of a long sample. Is that not possible?

“midi one-shot trigs” or “free tempo multiplier”?

Sorry. Midi One Shot trigs.

But see my EDIT above.

Trig conditions across all OT tracks would be even more awesome tbh - consider the mayhem you could conjure up with probability-based recorder trigs! :ecstatic:

btw, if you set midi seq tracks as “plays free”, you can start em without the seq running

1 Like

I don’t want trig-condi on the OT: my head would explode.

Ok so I must be doing something wrong. I’ve got under Pattern Settings T1 Plays Free Xed, Oneshot Trg Xed, Trig Mode One and Trig Quant TR.LEN (read in another post direct “is broken”)

What happens is I press trig 9, T1 stop sign turns to play for a split second, the first trig note plays, then nothing. The track doesn’t continue.

3 years later…I’ve been been in need of one shot midi trig recently and just discovered that there was no one shot midi trig.
If that could be of any help to someone with the conditional trig update, you can use “1st” as trig condition for your midi trig. Duplicate the pattern and switch between the two to emulate “arm” behaviour…

3 Likes

Eventually a FILL TRC.

1 Like

Yes, in my situation fill was not practical but that would probably be the most elegant solution when applicable…

1 Like

Midi loop, send a message back to the track to mute itself just after the trig you would like to be one-shot.

A post was merged into an existing topic: OT Feature Requests Thread (active)