Feature requests for all digi line

Gotcha. And I see my Elektrons as physical musical instruments. If Elektron moved to a paid upgrades model, I’d probably sell the instruments. Not because I want free updates but because I don’t want a network-dependent instrument.

2 Likes

I respect your point of view but I like the idea of having customizable instruments.

For instance, I’m not interested in buying a Syntakt, but I might seriously consider paying …let’s say 149$ and be able to swap between the Syntakt and the Digitakt firmwares on the same device.

The main problem is rights. Elektron (probably) couldn’t enforce licensing without a network connection, and at that point the entire firmware because a major point of failure for live shows.

The next problem is hardware. You wouldn’t get a whole Syntakt, you’d get at best half of a Syntakt.

This! If we could swap any midi track to a have a master track instead, it would definitely fit the bill for me (and probably be “easier” from software and UI integration perspective).

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to work with Syntakt.

1 Like

Keyboard Fold package for all digis!
and trig sound export into pool/manager. :arrow_down:

1 Like

There’s something that have been bothering me a lot lately while playing live, on all the digis:
the lack of visual feedback for which bar is currently playing in regards to the master length.

I often play with mutes while going from track to track for know twists, and I lose track all the time of the current bar when I’m playing with tracks that have short length (like 1-2 bars) and then when I try to unmute tracks with longer length (like 8-16 bars) it’s a lucky guess.

I would love an option to display “current bar/total bars”, maybe instead of the BPM in the top bar, as BPM doesn’t change that much for me.

How are you all keeping track of this?

keytracking for the lfos like on the analog four when the tuning fork symbol is active. key tracking should follow the root note specified in the NOTE parameter on the TRIG page.

this would make it easier to create harmonic overtones with audio rate modulation of parameters and all 3 digi devices would benefit greatly from it

2 Likes

another idea (though i’m not getting my hopes up for this one)

3 extra parameters for FLTR page 2:

• resonance for base width filter
  • choice whether resonance is for BASE, WDTH or both
  • drive for base width filter (the same as on the octatrack, it’s an amazing filter drive sound)
2 Likes

Base width filters for external inputs. Or at least low cut eq setting.

2 Likes

cross posting here idea I had for digitone quick lfo assigns but should be applicable to all digis

2 Likes

Sounds like the same shortcut as the model line.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t be possible, as it’s hardware request, but a big red UNDO button would have saved me a few times in the past.

I don’t have any models but if the functionality is there I imagine implementing it on digis should be relatively simple

Midi track presets.

I dont want to set up my channel and cc’s over and over again for the same synths I use regularly. Especially with Syntakt having Midi machines now, the concept seems more practical than ever.

2 Likes
  • Some kind of pseudo-scenes with FILL + secondary trig conditions.
  • Extra midi LFO’s.

Linking the Fills between them so that you only have to activate the Fill from the Master.

2 Likes

I just set all that up and save it as a sort of template project. Then when I start something new I just load up the template and go from there.

Feature Request: "Require pressing YES to confirm selection on CC SELECT page of MIDI tracks, in the same way that we need to confirm LFO dest by pressing YES.

Its too easy to mis-select the page and bump a knob and be a few numbers out in my cc selection, especially in the heat of battle (me battling my Digi boxes that is, one day I’ll be good enough to call it a performance).

OT’s midi tracks have this feature already, but as an even better safeguard, the CC SELECT is on page 2 of either CC page, which saves me from ever going there at all if I dont actually mean to.

2 Likes

Option to name CC controls would be really nice too. We have that nice screen, there is enough place… it would be so much nicer to use, especially when CC configuration is not the same on all patterns midi tracks.

2 Likes