Favourite Gear for Cafe?

An hour plus. Maybe read some manuals I’ve long escaped or doodle on some IPad music app using earpiece. Less of “stares”. If that isn’t really a concern, play on something as small as the SmplTrk or rumoured upcoming Akai MPC mini?

1 Like

Normally I just take my 7u 104hp case

I find patching therapeutic while sipping my oatmilk latte

3 Likes

I made a couple nice beats with my Cycles in a diner in Colorado.

op-z in the rucksack most days but I don’t go to cafes much. Super quick workflow and fun for performance.

vvvveeerrrrrryyy interested to see if this is true.

3 Likes

Unironically, my double-walled stainless steel espresso cup.

5 Likes

bourgeoisie

4 Likes

this a good way to attract bandits to rob you

3 Likes

I don’t play music in cafes so much. I find it very relaxing to transcribe songs. Every once in a while if it’s a nice day and not too busy I’ll bring my headless guitar with headphones and pick apart a song. I get self conscious if there are too many people and wander off to a park and sit under a tree instead.

But most of the time I’ll put on headphones and pick away on a keyboard app on my phone as I’m dissecting a song. Typically a piano or synth patch on FL Studio while slowing down/repitching a file on AnyTune.

That hotdog is past it’s best :wink:

3 Likes

Just to keep persuading myself that M:C/M:S in a cafe is not totally bonkers …

The polyend tracker. I always choose one gear that i always take out with me to only play outside which i dont put it on the main system back home. İt has been the tracker for a long time.

1 Like

Some, when they reach a certain age if they were born before a certain time and spent the last 20 years or so getting knickers in a bunches and feeling some grimace in the bowels upon seeing people doing things like synth-ing in a cafe, reach a conclusion that life is too short to waste on passing such banal judgments and find the freedom to do what they want, and where; in a considerate fashion ideally.

Off to Starbucks I go with my Digitakt!

3 Likes

Bagpipe

7 Likes

Come on in, the water’s actually pretty shit.

6 Likes

The only way to do this without looking silly, is with a laptop, only a laptop. Remember seeing this guy with a goddamn 88 key akai keyboard, several times in a coffee shop. I think he wanted to be noticed and revered for his brave choice, we all despised him.

3 Likes

I saw a dude having a beer in a six back shop playing a volca samples. He was having way more fun then me.

6 Likes

Somehow I’m more productive there. My wife is chilling and reading a book or working on her laptop, while I am trying to wrestle the OP-Z into screechy industrial (the result still sounds chill 90% of the time unfortunately).

It’s the perfect cafe machine. Doesn’t take much space and gives me so much joy.

3 Likes

An alarming amount of comments mention being robbed. As someone who grew up in a fucked up country, I have some valuable advice for you guys: move to a safer place. I’m able to walk the city streets at night now, and it feels so good.

3 Likes

What I do in a cafe sort of depends. Because I’ve heard cafe used in reference to a coffee shop and heard it used in reference to a small restaurant. In the case of the former I order my coffee and get the fuck out. In the case of the latter I eat my food and get the fuck out. But really I don’t do either of those things since I make coffee and cook food at home. Thereby keeping way more of my money.

2 Likes

Digisyntaktone-Heatkeys

18 Likes