Favorite glitch records?

Lots of clever meticulous programming , nice production .

1 Like

Lots of great suggestions here, folks! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: Keep them coming!

A few more favorites from me:

5 Likes

I’m relistening to this. Amazing how fresh it still sounds. In some ways people are just now catching up to it.

2 Likes

Love his first two records. so great

2 Likes

Can’t have a glitch thread without Yasunao Tone.

Have you heard any of his delarosa and asora releases- it’s even more towards the glitchy side. If I’m not mistaken- around his more inspirational era- at least “Agony Part 1”

2 Likes

no. thanks for that, will listen to it.
but it‘s not the glitch that I love about his first records, it‘s the amazing hip hop grooves and great sample digging :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

:
)
̸̱̩̰̥̯͔̫̦̪̤͔̩͔̝͓̜̮͍͍̙̪͍̯͖̤͎̖̀͟͡ͅ——— ̸̱̩̰̥̯͔̫̦̪̤͔̩͔̝͓̜̮͍͍̙̪͍̯͖̤͎̖̀͟͡ͅ–—-— ̸̱̩̰̥̯͔̫̦̪̤͔̩͔̝͓̜̮͍͍̙̪͍̯͖̤͎̖̀͟͡ͅ
/
@Syl_Kougai is a killer, master of Elektron machines !

;
:
::
:::
̸̱̩̰̥̯͔̫̦̪̤͔̩͔̝͓̜̮͍͍̙̪͍̯͖̤͎̖̀͟͡ͅ——-———— ̸̱̩̰̥̯͔̫̦̪̤͔̩͔̝͓̜̮͍͍̙̪͍̯͖̤͎̖̀͟͡ͅ—––_-–––- ̸̱̩̰̥̯͔̫̦̪̤͔̩͔̝͓̜̮̀͟͡
<>>>>>>>
<
<
<
<
<
<
More sources there :

3 Likes

I’m still dealing with this horrific/tremendous loss.

I just can’t believe this amazing source has been lost…

:heart:

1 Like

Nice. Thanks. :slight_smile: Keep 'em coming folks, not the worst thread to have been revived ever, to say the least. :slight_smile:

Yes indeed.
Your words my thoughts…
Yet, in every listening the memory of qebrus persists.

1 Like

True! Those first two albums were absolutely magical- I keep trying to listen to his newer albums- while some are pretty good, they don’t reach the level of those first two.

savath & savalas’ “Folk Songs For Trains, Trees & Honey” is probably up there as well as far as reaching that level as well. It’s pretty close that same style(while being a little bit lighter on the hip-hop side, but still feels present to me in some way)

2 Likes

how about bola - mauver?

2 Likes

Nice. That’s prefuse? Cool. Sounds like 90’s Mouse on Mars. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this record…

this here changed everything for me:

2 Likes

I don’t really listen to glitch but there is this one track I keep coming back to. One of very few tracks I can safely say that I’m in love with :slight_smile:

1 Like

agreed, early telefon tel aviv is gorgeous… never connect to the later work… but reminded me of this:

2 Likes

Later Richard Devine album is pretty decent :slight_smile:

At the time I write there are still eight 3xLP left… :shushing_face:

———

Datach’i System album is still pretty often on my turntable. I love how musical glitches end in his hands.

I wonder why this album isn’t already sold out !!
It’s a diamond :gem:

2 Likes