Favorite glitch records?

What are some of your favorite glitch tracks/records/albums? I’d love to discover something I haven’t already heard.

Here’s a track from one of my favorite glitch records, Twerk’s “Living vicariously through burnt bread”.

9 Likes

SND - Atavism

Ryoji Ikeda - dataplex

9 Likes

Ah, yes, Ryoji Ikeda is ace! Thanks for the reminder! :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice! Last I heard he’s only mastering other people’s work now? Tell him to start recording again! He’s bloody amazing. :smiley:

I’ve never heard of this glorious album before! Thank you!

1 Like

Kid606 - PS. You Love me

and for glitch ambient his Soccergirl EP

1 Like
1 Like

Ui. Nice thread

1 Like

Easy …

Jim O’Rourke : I’m Happy, and I’m Singing, and a 1, 2, 3, 4.

… a taste …

3 Likes

I hate to be obvious, but I gotta go Prefuse 73 on this:

8 Likes

Amazing track.

Reminds me:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’m not one to judge- I passed up on an Oren Ambarchi show a couple years ago.

Remedios the Beauty, my brother. It doesn’t matter if live music doesn’t make sense- I still should have gone

1 Like

Damn! How did I forget about Apparat?!

2 Likes

Was one of my favourite artists. The first few records and Eps are amazing. Don’t dig his latest stuff too much

1 Like

Same. While I admire the desire to explore new terrains, everything past Duplex was a decline.

1 Like

Telefon tel aviv
Apparat
Funkstorung
Michael fakesh
Funkarma
Forgotten the rest that I like.

2 Likes
1 Like

re5et may appreciate this. Years ago (15 or so) I booked Funkstörung for some shows in the US. On one tour they had a Korg KP2 on the tech rider which was the only thing we didn’t have. I bought one for them and asked that they sign and tag it. They laughed about the idea but were kind enough to oblige and asked if I planned to ebay it. I said no, of course, and still own it to this day. I have one Korg KP2, as new and with all original packing, autographed by Funkstörung. It was used once on stage. Chris and Michael will probably remember this if they happen upon this thread. They were a joy to work with.

3 Likes

I haven’t listened to Disconnected in too long!