Faulty PSU / socket - did anyone experience this?

Not sure, because he was playing Prodigy very loud, dancing and running everywhere naked.

OT’s problem is the worst for me, for sure.
I can’t rely on it. It seems between the socket and the barrel area. :cry:

2 Likes

Your neighbor?

1 Like

My 4.5 old crazy son. The neighbor is worse.

2 Likes

I had same issue with my second hand OT which I bought from Ebay. The socket was fine, no broken solder points. The fix is very easy, look at power socket on your OT. There is a pin inside, when you moving your OT or power cable it loosing connection with plug. Get a small screwdriver and bend this pin gently about 0.5mm. I have no problems at all since then.

2 Likes

Have to test it rigth now, that can be the answer, I read about it but didn’t try to bend it !

1 Like

Yes, it seems that pin diameter is bit too small compared to the power adaptor plug. So fix is quick and easy, now I can move OT around when powered on, I can even rotate the whole plug in the socket. It never drop a power or reset it self now. Of course, for some people it still might be a loose power socket/broken solder points. But in my unit socket was stiff and with no bad solder points, also cable and power plug wasn’t damaged. So the inner pin was suspected and bingo!

2 Likes

Yes. Did it. Seems to work !
Too simple to be true !
Thanks a million, and viva Elektronauts ! :sunny:
(I’ll report if I have this issue again)

3 Likes

He’s back! :loud_sound:

1 Like

I don’t feel like having brocken legs anymore…

1 Like

Had this problem for ages both with MD and OT until today Ha best quick fix ever!
Always thought it was the psu …this def should be sticky in the service your device section if there is one

It didn’t last! I did it again 2 days ago, insisted a bit more to bend the metal part.
Repared.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: I read it as broke a knife while eating Normandy :joy:

1 Like

I was trying to cut cheddar. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like