Family, work and elektron

Yes, you got it right, in that order, Family, work and elektron.

2 Likes

Seems like you kept the A4 at least :slight_smile: happy for you!

1 Like

:slight_smile:

So i was cought on not selling my gear :slight_smile: pretty sharp though. I think you saw my new post in the other forum topic, and thought…. Isn’t that that guy struggling with family, work and elektron.

So let me say something about my journey

I sold almost all my Music equipment. Now my music studio is my bedroom. I am happy to have a livingroom with a pair of genelec 8040, a mixer and a turntable.

At the end, i couldn’t sell my a4 mk2. When only playing 1 machine, it is not too heavy on my brain. I can have great beats without learning anything new. I have some favorite sounds (kicking the gut; knax, a rim and a simple hh) and a tag for all my fav. Soundpool sounds, and here we go.

The mixer is also equipment that doesnt make me feel tired. I have been dj ing so much, and the mixer (xone 43) is very simple

I only bought an rc500 boss looper. Also easy for the brain, very stable clock, perfect for long loops.

So now I only focus on my a4, it is relaxed and a lot of fun. I make beats and songs, and if i want song transition, I use my looper and my mixer. Its in the living room, my Music becomes more smooth and friendly, my wife and children prefer this :slight_smile:

Interesting for me, i change my setup and play my guitar through my looper and make my own beats next to it on my a4.

So this is all I need.

The only thing I have issues with is my work :slight_smile: but f*** that.

Also, i never learned so much about my a4. I make better music than ever, and I think I don’t want an extra box. Too many boxes overload my brain. Not only while making music but also during the day, thinking about strategies, possibilities, other equipment I need. A4 is more than enough to make good music with.

Although…. Ssl buscompressor might be nice to add :flushed: oh no, here we go again

11 Likes

Ah, and my children are so relaxed now they are 6 and 9 y old.

So more space in my head creates more music, more fun, more happyness.

And I have to thank my wife and my neighbours to accept my music. I dont play loud, but still….

5 Likes

I think this is a great outcome, and an inspiration to many here.

2 Likes