Red led trig light not working on a new Analog Four MKII

My less than one month old Analog Four has a broken led light. Any way to fix it apart from opening a ticket? I live in Lima Peru, so it’s gonna be really hard to send it back to them :frowning: Bad Luck I guess. So sad as it is a really expensive piece of gear to fail like this.

Have you contacted your retailer?

1 Like

You should still just run the test mode for info to see if it shows the LED is bust (as it appears)

Hold Function whilst booting

Backup anything important first
select Trig 1 = Test mode
Then whilst still in test mode Trig buttons 3 4 and 5 will test the LEDs for R G B for all buttons - this will show if the LED is broken or whether its failure to light is related (albeit unlikely) to some other issue - Elektron will ask you to test this in any case i’d imagine - also check teh Test Mode feedback status for any diagnosed issues

3 Likes

I did it. Number 16 does not work in red, it does in blue and green :frowning:

Just sent a ticket. Retailer is Thoman from Europe and I live in Peru :confused:

I have the same problem - Trig 15 not lighting red - I am absolutely sick of Elektron’s poor quality control. Not the first time I’ve had issues with a new product.

that sucks… I wonder if there is an easy fix - I also have an Octatrack mk2 with that … I suspect it‘s a bad solder? Hmm… but red is a single LED so seems to be some kind of crosstalk?! Any electronics nerd here with an opinion?

Hi - could you please tell me what I am supposed to see when I press trig buttons 1 & 2 when I’m in Test Mode for the A4 MKII? I ran a test and no errors were found. I pressed all buttons, encoders, and potentiometer to manually test them. All looks good except when I pressed 1 & 2. I’m guessing (Hoping) these test the OLED because 1 just gives me a very faded out lit screen and 2 gives me a black screen. All other trig buttons (3-16) give me indications and test colored lights. Thanks!

1 Like

those test for dead pixels, or pixels stuck on. good question though. that’s why one is all lit and one is all black.

2 Likes

That’s what 1 and 2 should indeed show

1 Like