Faderfox UC-4 (and other controllers) MIDI mapping ideas for DN/DT?

I have a Faderfox UC-4 that I use with Drambo on the iPad, mostly for its crossfader, and I thought I might use it with my Digitone.

I have a few ideas for how I will map it. Four faders to track volumes, four other faders maybe to the aftertouch/breath/mod etc controls, so I can do some cool modulations. I don’t yet know what I will use the x-fader for.

But how do you all have MIDI controllers mapped? Specifically, what are you controlling? Not just the Digitone , but the Digitakt, and any of the Elektron boxes I guess!

I’m also interested in answers to this question. I have a DK, so probably won’t use it there, but DT and A4 could benefit. I’m also curious how you use it with Drambo! Besides verifying that mine works, I haven’t done much with it yet.

1 Like

With Drambo, I use the crossfader as a crossfader, and the rest depends on the song. I like to have buttons for scene A and B, like on the Octatrack. I also like buttons to quickly mute tracks. FX sends sometimes. Panning rarely—it seems like a total waste of knobs.

For everything else, it’s so fast to map knobs in Drambo that I do it on the fly.

1 Like