Factory sound not loaded correctly

Hey all :slight_smile:
New M:C owner here, with a question:

Today I experienced a weird issue with loading a factory sound. When I load the first factory synth sound (SY 242FBF) to a project it sounds much different then in preview. I tried around a little bit and apparently the shape parameter is not loaded correctly. After loading the sound it is set to the value 86. When I dial it down to around 40 it sounds like in does when previewing the sound.

This happens regardless of any other settings. I can create a whole new project and an empty pattern and the issue is still there. As yet I haven’t noticed the same problem with any other sounds, but I didn’t test them all. It would be pretty bad though, if I couldn’t rely on my sounds staying the same as I have saved them. Can anybody here reproduce this or knows a fix?

1 Like

Yep - this is a good spot - i cannot suggest a reason other than this being a bug

it is not related to that preset being corrupted - it relates to that preset employing VDep modulation from teh pad menu

If you take a default Track 5 sound and apply 40.0 VDep to Shape and save that preset, it will sound exactly like the default sound until it is loaded - and only then will the VDep be auditioned/used

So this is essentially a bug

I will mention in a separate subforum but you should also report this direct to Elektron support

3 Likes