External triggering of Analog Rytm - Not Happening!

Sup Elektronauts, I am trying to trigger my rytm from Ableton and have wasted close to 5 hours shouting at my four walls with frustration. From my understanding, using the lowest midi notes C-0 upwards will trigger all twelve pads chronologically regardless of which midi channel you are sending information on. This doesn’t work, I just get a pad chromatically playing the sound loaded on it from C-0.

I have tried using auto channel, turning channels off/on, turning chromatic off, different devices, and different octave ranges to trigger. Same result. The only way I can get the twelve pads triggering on their own is using 12 midi channels, which is not an option for what I am trying to do.

What am I missing? Thank in advance!

C0 isn’t actually defined formally, so try C-1 and C-2 if Ableton sends those.

Also, IIRC, you have to have the pads set up on sequential MIDI channels (1-12) for them to respond.

1 Like

Or better still stick to the actual definition of using Midi notes 0-11 (the lowest midi notes) and avoid all reference to Pitch

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I have tried both of these things already with no joy.

have you tried sending notes with MPE and not the channels? it works for me…
otherwise it’s channels 1-12 for each pad or channel 14 for the active pad…

Are you trying to control Rytm through the overbridge plug-in or through the midi connection? Not exactly the same issue but the posts I made here might help if you’re using overbridge Rytm receive midi from Ableton via overbridge - #11 by dokev