External sequencer question

I’m thinking about expanding my live rig with a Roland TB-03 or x0xb0x.

My current setup:

-Digitakt
-Roland SE-02
-Yamaha TX81Z

(The thee of them are linked via my Midi Solutions Quadra Thru)

At this moment, I program the notes that I want my SE-02 and TX81Z to play, into the Digitakt’s MIDI tracks.

But the TB-03 en x0xb0x have really cool sequencers of their own, with the typical glides and accents.

So I guess programming notes from a TB-03 or x0xb0x into the Digitakt MIDI tracks don’t really give you that typical 303 sound, because then you would miss the glides and accents.

Suppose I get a TB-03, will it then be possible to program the Digitakt in such a way that it will trigger the external sequencer from the TB-03, while the SE-02 and TX81Z are still triggered by MIDI notes that are put in the Digitakt?

Yes obviously you can just send a clock from DT to the TB-03 and have it run independently.

3 Likes

You can clock sync but you will have to switch patterns manually, TB-03 doesn’t support program change.

2 Likes

Thanks for you responses. So after I hook up a TB-03 via MIDI, I just have to check the ‘‘clock send’’ box in the MIDI configuration menu of the DT and things should work?

Can you not use the MIDI cc automation from the DT to control the desired parameters?

The TB-03 looks like it has access to glides/accents/etc.:

And the Yamaha has a number of parameters you can modify as well: