External modulators for Digitone in Max

Hey guys and girls. I got my self a digitone recently and I had to go through a very fast production. One of the things I was missing during my adventure is that I wanted more modulation and sync options. The envelopes and the LFOs are great but I wanted to have some more complex modulators and to have them snapped to my Logic’s grid. I work mainly through OB, which besides the bugs is awesome. Yesterday night I made this little tool to satisfy my desire. The idea is that I have three modulation engines. The first one is a curve envelope generator similar to Massive’s performer. The second one is a simple 16-step stepper and the third one is a random generator. Logic sends a master clock to the engines. The modulators send data to the digitone AU in Logic and from there I can record automations or send the modulation straight to the hardware. It still needs work to correct some issues here and there but I had fun yesterday. If anybody else thinks that it can be useful I can fix some bugs and uploaded as a free app or even make an open-source AU/VST in the future.

8 Likes

I made an alpha build that you can find below. I included the original max patch in case that someone is in editing mode. There are some basic instructions but let me know if you have any troubles with it.

3 Likes

This looks really interesting! Going to download it when I hop out of bed here and give it a twirl :smiley: thanks for the coding cycles and share!

…nice effort…