External inputs & inp machines

Hi, I’ve RTFM and googled quite a bit and found a few threads discussing similar topics but wasn’t able to find a straight answer to my question.

When using the MD’s external inputs with an inp machine, say the input filter follower I’m unable to get a signal that is purely affected by the inp machine. So for example it seems to be impossible to do a filtersweep and not have the original signal come through at some point, or when adjusting the level and various vol controls there is no way to turn down the clean level. Is this correct?

I’ve also noticed that the inputs seem to stay active no matter what machine is loaded onto the track after using the inputs, in one of the (absolutely f’in fantastic) tips & tricks documents it was mentioned that the inp machine stays active when you load a midi machine onto the track but the same seems to go for loading and triggering any other machine onto said track.

This isn’t really a big issue for me but would like to make sure I’m not missing something obvious here.

I’m new to MD but I could get 100% wet signal with INP FA and INP EA.

I’m not sure but from my tests INP last with MID and CTR machines, but if you select and trig the others it cuts the INP machines sound.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

Turns out I missed a track that hadn’t been retriggered after using the inp machine. I was certain that I checked them all but apparently not, it was a long session…

Maybe a mod can delete this thread?

1 Like