External hardware (Kawai K4) not responding to Digitakt CC changes

Having some problems with my Kawai K4 responding to CC data from my Digitakt. Basically I want the CC data I select from the Digitakt to control parameters on the K4. There is an external device from Stereoping which does exactly that, though there’s no point in purchasing it if I can get the Digitakt to control the ADSR as well as Cutoff and Frequency. Stereoping have fortunately released this, https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0024/2352/1341/files/Stereoping-K4-Manual-Addendum-Kawai-K4.pdf?v=1611844672 , which on page 4 seemingly outlines which CC parameters control the desired parameters of the K4. The K4 shows when midi data is being sent to it, and it is frustrating as the Pitch Bend, Aftertouch and what not are sending midi messages to the K4 and are working accordingly. I’m just trying to discern whether I have botched the settings on the Digitakt or I have selected the incorrect CC data (17-23 to control Sources 1&2 per that PDF for reference, as I can’t find any CC information in the K4 manual i.e. controlling ADSR, Cutoff or Frequency parameters). Just got both pieces of kit so a little new to this, so any help is much appreciated !

Kawai K4 responds to sysex and not to CC. The Stereoping device converts incoming CC to sysex :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up !