Ext. Input fixed routing to Main Out?

Hi, I’m not quite shure, if this is Overbridge related or directly A4/AK content, but i struggle to get a clean FX signal only on main outs in Overbridge, when having external input.

I connected Rytm and A4 to Overbridge.

For Rytm I selected all 8 individual inputs. In the plugin all channels go to fx only. So I take the FX only from the main outs of the Rytm going into my external soundcard. Works like a dream.

For A4 in Overbridge I selected the mains, all 4 tracks and two ext. inputs. In the ableton plugin I selected all 4 tracks to go to fx only. So I get dry signals for the four tracks and clean fx on the mains. So, till now everything is fine.

But if I switch on the ext in, I get the dry signal on ext in, but on main also plus fx from the four tracks and fx from ext in.

So the dry ext in signal is double.

I checked everything four times, but I don’t get it. Ext In is always full on main in too.

Any ideas???

I use Overbridge 1.10 an OS 1.22

Exactly what I’m struggling with right now.

I want to record:

• 4 dry audio signals from A4 (each set up as separate channel from A4)
  • 1 wet fx audio signal (set up as Pre FX channel)
  • 2 dry external in signal from dsi evolver (set up as ExtL/R in A4)

The only problem I have is same as @ampRepublic: I hear external inputs in wet fx audio channel

Additional info:

1. In Overbridge Control Panel I have all 16-bit channels enabled: 2 x Main, 4 x Synth track, 2 x ExtIn
  2. In Analog Four plugin I have 4 voices routed to FX bus (voices routed to main bus are disabled as in Dataline on Overbridge video).
  3. I use lastest Overbridge 1.10.1 with OS 1.23C on Analog Four and Ableton Live 9.1 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.5.

Hmm… Not sure that can be done as they are sharing the FX channel would be my first guess.

It’s always in the main outs and there’s nothing you can do about it. This has been raised before.

I updated my Ableton setup recently and if I remember correctly, I didn’t had the external signal over the main outs.

Enable the Ext.In as input in the Overbridge setup.

Then go to the Ext.In page on the A4 and set the volume to 0. This should stop the output of Ext.In over the main outs, but you should still hear the dry signal via Overbridge.

The effects should be still usable via FX send.

I’ll check that, when back at home.

If that’s the case I salute you sir and apologise to the OP for saying it wasn’t possible!

No, I still get it in the main outs when I turn the volume down to 0 in the Ext. In of the A4

I checked too and it works. But I only get dry signals over Ext.In and effects of the four internal tracks via main outs.

How bizarre that it works for you and not for me!