Expressive E Osmose

I finally weakened and threw my Osmose savings into an Udo Super 6. I’m kinda gambling on being able to save up enough for it again before it actually shows, but perversely hoping my foolishness somehow speeds it up.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered when it was first possible to do so and have been trying to save for it ever since! Damn slippery money…

3 Likes

I should have preordered a few more… one for bedroom, one for travelling, one to keep mint, one to use in the studio and one as spare.

2 Likes

I’m still tempted to pick up a Continuum.

Here’s hoping…

30 days ETA :upside_down_face: counting the seconds

Latest newsletter update reveals further delays!

I had prepared myself for more delays (as I imagine we all did), but by this point I don’t really care. I want Expressive E to take their time and get it right.

The sustainability stuff is a nice added bonus.

Now if the world could kindly just not end before November.

3 Likes

Asked them about this. They said the ability to send midi CCs from the knobs/buttons will not make it into firmware v1, but they are planning on adding it.

1 Like

This delay probably suits me better to be honest. With working through selling off my OTB stuff that gives a couple of months to build back up the “what have I done?” vibes so Osmose should fill a nice hole :joy:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if delivery starts before December, perhaps even January.
… even then its quite possible the ‘ramp up’ will mean limited numbers initially.
lets just hope, they dont then hit Chinese new year.

the fact there is no talk about payment, I think means its still a bit ‘early days’ , as Im sure they will want to bill us the remaining amount at least 6-8 weeks before delivery.

But like others, I don’t mind really… it’ll turn up when its ready - if thats next year, so be it.

on the positive side, Im planning on going to Superbooth (next month) , and I assume Expressive E will have it there to play with :slight_smile:
of course, that could have the downside of making me less patient !

1 Like

i’m through being cool:

1 Like

Time to show those evil spuds what’s what!

1 Like

I imagine Continuum techniques to be a natural starting point. It’s not the same, but still.

No, it’s just too much money plus shipping and customs. The Osmose, aside from what we’re mainly getting it for, also looks like a far more practical device to have in the setup.

3 Likes

I love this, thanks for sharing.

Actually the only way of practicing for now…

… one of the very last (hypothetical) Abstrakt Avalons and a Hologram Microcosm.
I’ve been weak.
Got to sell some stuff now, I do want an Osmose in my life.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting into neo-soul piano stuff. I would probably practice neo-soul licks/riffs like this one, but experimenting with replacing grace notes with bends and whatever other ornamentations Osmose will allow.

2 Likes

I thought it was interesting to observe how Yamaha Super Articulation works. It’s amazing that they came up with all these workarounds to add expression to sampled instruments without aftertouch on the keyboard. They use an “articulation” button or a pedal mapped to the same function to trigger articulation effects. Articulation effects can also be mapped to velocity, mod wheel, velocity + mod wheel.

The above was the old 2010 Super Articulation stuff. The below shows how Super Articulation 2 works.

More ideas to steal for Osmose playing I guess.

1 Like

Wow this is exactly what I was needing! Thank you mate!

1 Like