Export / Copy sound from *specific step*

Hi, first time poster here.

I’m sure many of us create weird FILL-only steps. Often I find myself liking the weird settings I stumble into that I wouldn’t normally use (e.g. LFO to Sample Slot). My question is–is there any way to take the parameters/settings of a specific step, and make that into the Track’s Sound?

The only other way I could think of “copying” such a step is to literally copy the Trig, move it into an empty pattern, then brute force match-up all the settings from the specific Trig to the Track.

Thanks!

You could try saving it as a sound, as a hack, that would store the parameters, it might work if you save the sound without a sample too.
e2a you would have to use the track parameters to store it which would be a little less usefull in some situation but you could put the sound in the sound pool and p lock it to a step.

Short answer: no.

While this would be a very useful feature, no Elektron machine can convert a trig with all its plocked settings to a track sound.

1 Like

Resample it?

Not near the DT but this might work instead of manually making the changes. I don’t know if you can copy a setting page from a Trig though. While holding down the Trig with the settings you want to use, press and hold each setting page (amp, filter, etc) and then Func + Copy. You’ll need 4 fingers for this if it works. Then perform the paste onto a new track.

Well, even if it works you may need to jump quite heavily back and forth between the patterns while copy and pasting all needed setting pages one by one around.

Adjusting the settings to a copied trig seems a much smoother way (go through pages, hold trig, release it and turn some encoders).

Yes sadly it can’t be done. It’s a massive oversight and I find it even more disappointing on the Digitone, where you’ve created some amazing patch on one step and have no way to turn it into a Sound. Seems like a really obvious thing that users would want and need to do on these machines, @Elektron!

I’d love this too.

You’re gonna have to “old school it” unfortunately.

Get a pen and paper :memo: (this is kinda what they look like)

Hold the step on each parameter page and write down the values of each parameter :confused:

Am I wrong thinking you won’t need pen & paper when you copy the trig (including its plocks) to a new pattern?

Afterwards its just: hold the trig on the new pattern, remember what’s plocked on a setting page, release the trig and adjust the value(s). Right?

1 Like

This is a huge issue for the digitone especially. When doing percussion tracks with all plocked parameters rather than sound locks, and cool sound can only be copy pasted. Really sucks if you want to use it in a new project. Huge pain. Currently yeah you can hold and preview parameters, release and adjust, page by page. With digitone, this can be a lot of finicky parameters. When I first got it, I tried copying a trig and pasting it in the sound manager. It crashed the box…

1 Like

Definitely, good plan too :slight_smile:

Why is this still not a thing? :grimacing:

Have been implemented on latest Analog Rytm OS. Looks like DT users also can expect this if DT is not fully abandoned after discontinuation gossip on the web.

1 Like

And trigs directly to Soundpool for all ! (Multi Map for all)

1 Like

Is it not possible to duplicate the entire pattern then work with that specific step and its p-locks in the new pattern?

I would like to rearrange my tracks, for instance move my p-locked snare to another track, that already contains content.
It would be possible if there is some way to extract a specific p-lock as a sound.
I can’t imagine a workflow right now.

Much like other Elektron things I can’t comprehend I can’t help but think there has to be a logical reason for this.

On the OT for instance, let’s say I were to p-lock to a specific slice, what if the slices were different on another project? Or p-locked LFOs, how would it know which LFO settings were the “base”?

I’m already confusing myself …

OT has 2 levels : saved settings you can load on any project with the sample (associated .ot file). Once loaded in a slot, you can modify it freely, even have several slots with different settings).

I surely can : hold a plocked trig, turn Level knob, choose a Soundpool slot, press encoder or YES, prompt to assign to Soundpool slot, overwrite prompt if not free.

Play and record Sounds with Multi Map. I really miss it on Syntakt…(present on A4 and DN).

I meant an existing workaround. :slight_smile:

1 Like